Its Not all doom and gloom

it is not at all doom and gloom.

Missing Aguero, Nasri, Fernandinho. 68% possession. 25 shots on goal (6 on target) against a highly motivated and well drilled side.

Media are trying to label the defeat as psychologically damaging. I think not, not with the characters we have in the dressing room. we will batter Norwich on Saturday.

citizenfan said:
Exactly we were the better team just didn't take our chances on the night.

Brought a smile to my face on a glum morning...they were miles better tactically,physically and looked far more threatening than us when they went forward. Had it been roles reversed at Stamford bridge and we had done what Chelsea did to us we would be saying we out thought out fought and out maneuvered them.

There is only one real doom and gloom moment for me --- and that's the two cup games against the spuds in 1981. And I've been a BLUE since 1954.

Bluekiwi said:
Gillespie said:
citizenfan said:
Exactly we were the better team just didn't take our chances on the night.

You weren't the better team

He was watching from "down under" which probably distorted his view

I thought it was about 50-50 all things considered , we couldn't put away our chances and they did on one occasion.

No excuse but if we had Ferny and Kun I reckon we would have got the three points.

Having 8 squad members unavailable including 3 first teamers and Negredo half crocked certainly didn't help.

If we have a full list to choose from Chelsea hold little fear for me they way they are set up.

Other sides match up better to us than Chelsea.

Pretty poor to think some can't accept they were the better team. Most others have readily accepted it. Nothing to be ashamed of, losing one in god knows how many to a title rival - probably thee only title rival come May - and all in all having an off day in general.

The beauty is that some previous City teams may have folded after that defeat, not this one however. I predict 15 points from the next 5 league games, after which the Chelsea loss will be a distant memory. I also think Chelsea will drop some points during that spell. Arsenal definitely will, starting Saturday lunch time.

Unfortunately I think the loss of Fernandinho might be the downfall in our tie with Barca, though with Kun reportedly back in training, there is that hope still.

Pigeonho said:
Pretty poor to think some can't accept they were the better team. Most others have readily accepted it. Nothing to be ashamed of, losing one in god knows how many to a title rival - probably thee only title rival come May - and all in all having an off day in general.

The beauty is that some previous City teams may have folded after that defeat, not this one however. I predict 15 points from the next 5 league games, after which the Chelsea loss will be a distant memory. I also think Chelsea will drop some points during that spell. Arsenal definitely will, starting Saturday lunch time.

Unfortunately I think the loss of Fernandinho might be the downfall in our tie with Barca, though with Kun reportedly back in training, there is that hope still.

So was it more of us below our standard or did Chelsea up the anti?

Would you agree having 8 players unavailable and an injured Negredo starting didn't help our cause.

I think we are better equipped to handle Barca without Kun as opposed to being without Fernandinho.

We can score goals without Kun but we are left very vunerable at the back the way we play without Fernandinho.

mancity111 said:
Pigeonho said:

So was it more of us below our standard or did Chelsea up the anti?

Would you agree having 8 players unavailable and an injured Negredo starting didn't help our cause.

I think we are better equipped to handle Barca without Kun as opposed to being without Fernandinho.

We can score goals without Kun but we are left very vunerable at the back the way we play without Fernandinho.
I would say a mixture of both. We were definitely below par, like as if we were half asleep at times compared to how we usually go about things.

If my uncle had a fanny......

It looks like we will be without both, definitely Fernandinho anyway. However if Kun miraculously makes both legs, well that is of course a huge bonus, though still a tough ask without Fernandinho.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.