Its Not all doom and gloom

davymcfc said:
Still in with a shout of a quadruple, league cup final round the corner, biggest European tie of our history, 2 points off the top with a better goal difference. Yes it's not all doom and gloom.
and still above the team that did double against us. No harm done. They can't beat us to go above.

cheddar404 said:
Ducado said:
Blue Elvis said:
But we are the best team on the planet?

Maybe the biggest positive to come out of tonight is for us all to realise we are still a work in progress and that we aren't unbeatable even at home especially when we have inferior squad players covering injuries to our first eleven.

Bayern Munich taught us a lesson at home and we bounced back. Chelsea have done tonight.
We learn from the mistakes and take one game at a time and see where we get to.

If it curbs the Rags-like arrogance we have seen on these pages I won't complain.
Let's brag after we've actually won the trophies not before!!

CTID

Yet another City fan which an inbuilt inferiority complex, a psychologist would have a field day on here, you are actually glad we lost, and don't deny that is what you said, it is exactly what you said you are glad we lost because some city fans were getting cocky now that is sad and pathetic, the sooner fans like you pack in supporting us the better

It says more about you that that's what you read into it.

A kick up the arse and a reality check is not a disaster.

Thank-you cheddar 404 for your supportive comment. Hope it doesn't result in getting you banned.
It must be tough being a moderator, especially if you have to get up at dawn to read the posts while the majority of us are still in bed dreaming of winning the Quadruple.

Sorry Ducado I have no idea how you could possibly interpret my posting as saying I was glad we lost.
I was gutted we lost to Chelsea,still am 24 hours later and I believe every City fan feels the same.

I really want us to be the best team in the world, what City fan wouldn't? The reality is we are not there yet and no matter what blue tinted glasses we look through we have to accept that we will lose the odd game or two getting to where we want to be. The first halves against both Blackburn and Watford showed how weakened we are when our first choice 11 don't play. I did feel that some complacency was creeping back in ,understandable after some awesome performances but dangerous. I hope the Chelsea defeat, like the Bayern Munich one, acts as the spur to regroup and go on another long unbeaten run.

I've followed City since 1967 but still feel my opinion is no less and no more valid than that of any other City supporter (armchair or otherwise). I thought Blue Moon was open to all City fans not just the cocky and foul-mouthed ones (although I have no problem with fans using expletives on Blue Moon if it encourages them not to use that type of language in the Family Stand on match days).

Ok I'm different to some BMs in that my preference is to crow AFTER the event rather than before. IIRC it wasn't that many seasons ago that Arsenal were chasing 4 trophies , had a League Cup final against a side they were expected to beat and ended up with nowt (unless your measure of success is just CL qualification). The season we finished as Champions some BMs were saying early doors that we would go through the season unbeaten and don't get me started on what some said we were going to do to Wigan in the FA Cup.

" inbuilt inferiority complex", " sad and pathetic"?? So much for the Updated Code of Conduct-" 10. Treat other users with respect."

When you judge me without knowing me , you don't define me. You define yourself.

CTID, always was and always will be.

Blue Elvis said:
cheddar404 said:
Ducado said:
Yet another City fan which an inbuilt inferiority complex, a psychologist would have a field day on here, you are actually glad we lost, and don't deny that is what you said, it is exactly what you said you are glad we lost because some city fans were getting cocky now that is sad and pathetic, the sooner fans like you pack in supporting us the better

Thank-you cheddar 404 for your supportive comment. Hope it doesn't result in getting you banned.
It must be tough being a moderator, especially if you have to get up at dawn to read the posts while the majority of us are still in bed dreaming of winning the Quadruple.

Sorry Ducado I have no idea how you could possibly interpret my posting as saying I was glad we lost.
I was gutted we lost to Chelsea,still am 24 hours later and I believe every City fan feels the same.

I really want us to be the best team in the world, what City fan wouldn't? The reality is we are not there yet and no matter what blue tinted glasses we look through we have to accept that we will lose the odd game or two getting to where we want to be. The first halves against both Blackburn and Watford showed how weakened we are when our first choice 11 don't play. I did feel that some complacency was creeping back in ,understandable after some awesome performances but dangerous. I hope the Chelsea defeat, like the Bayern Munich one, acts as the spur to regroup and go on another long unbeaten run.

I've followed City since 1967 but still feel my opinion is no less and no more valid than that of any other City supporter (armchair or otherwise). I thought Blue Moon was open to all City fans not just the cocky and foul-mouthed ones (although I have no problem with fans using expletives on Blue Moon if it encourages them not to use that type of language in the Family Stand on match days).

Ok I'm different to some BMs in that my preference is to crow AFTER the event rather than before. IIRC it wasn't that many seasons ago that Arsenal were chasing 4 trophies , had a League Cup final against a side they were expected to beat and ended up with nowt (unless your measure of success is just CL qualification). The season we finished as Champions some BMs were saying early doors that we would go through the season unbeaten and don't get me started on what some said we were going to do to Wigan in the FA Cup.

" inbuilt inferiority complex", " sad and pathetic"?? So much for the Updated Code of Conduct-" 10. Treat other users with respect."

When you judge me without knowing me , you don't define me. You define yourself.

Good points Elvis. The only disagreement with your comments is that I don't like reading foul language on the Forum - I usually skip those sort of posts.

MCFC97 said:
Todays result was a kick in the teeth but look at arse's and the chavs next two games
Liverpool v Arsenal (12.45pm)

Chelsea v Newcastle United (3pm) Chelsea win

West Bromwich Albion v Chelsea (8pm) Chelsea win

Arsenal v Manchester United (7.45pm) Arsenal win

Chelsea v Everton - chelsea win or draw

Arsenal v Sunderland - Arsenal win

Surely a few of these can cause an upset to both all we need is a draw for either of them and we are back where we belong our fixtures over the next 3 weeks look good for us

Bluekiwi said:
Blue Elvis said:
cheddar404 said:

Good points Elvis. The only disagreement with your comments is that I don't like reading foul language on the Forum - I usually skip those sort of posts.

Thanks Bluekiwi. I totally agree with you that the foul language just isn't necessary and sometimes is extremely offensive. Any valid points that may be made are lost in a fog of expletives. Like you I lose interest in the post and move on. I don't understand why use of the C word isn't an automatic ban.

Having heard appalling language in the Family Stand at recent matches, in front of very young kids ( sadly the stewards were too intimidated to back us up when we asked the perpetrators to cool the language) I was reluctantly conceding that if they have to express their frustration with such language I'd rather that it was on this forum than at the game. Sadly it's a sign of the times here in the UK and probably also a sign that I'm getting old!!
CTID

Blue Elvis said:
Bluekiwi said:
Blue Elvis said:

Thanks Bluekiwi. I totally agree with you that the foul language just isn't necessary and sometimes is extremely offensive. Any valid points that may be made are lost in a fog of expletives. Like you I lose interest in the post and move on. I don't understand why use of the C word isn't an automatic ban.

Having heard appalling language in the Family Stand at recent matches, in front of very young kids ( sadly the stewards were too intimidated to back us up when we asked the perpetrators to cool the language) I was reluctantly conceding that if they have to express their frustration with such language I'd rather that it was on this forum than at the game. Sadly it's a sign of the times here in the UK and probably also a sign that I'm getting old!!
CTID

I wouldn't be too concerned Blue Elvis.

Ducado just gets like that particularly after a loss and at least he doesn't play favourites (LOL) when mooners post some doubts over MP and our credentials and whether we doing as well as we should be or players have performed below expectations and are named etc.

More importantly this period without Kun , Nasri and particularly Ferny will be season defining.

If we can still be within touching distance of Arsenal , Chelsea and Liverpool ( I haven't written them off just yet ) upon their return it augers well for us.

Its going to take a lot of resolve even though we think the opposition in the premier league at least consists of sides we should be winning against.

Some people forget we had Ferny, Kun , Nasri , Lescott , Richards , Milner , Rodwell, Garcia unavailable and a half fit Negredo up against Chelsea.

One sub was all we could realistically make and that was largely enforced due to Negredo's condition and the need to get more game time into Jovetic.

Who did they have missing other than Torres who have played this year - No one.

Given we played MDM out of position in a weakened midfield I am quite surprised some people are saying Chelsea were Bayernesque like.

Nothing could be further from reality , Bayern played us off the park for 75 minutes.

Chelsea's best doesn't come within a bulls roar of Bayerns best plain and simple.

Once Ferny was out I knew it was game over for us and our 100 per cent home record was gone.

I was holding out for 0-0 and we didn't come too far off doing so and maybe with a change in formation and some of the old style defending behind the ball we might have been able to pull it off which would have been up with the better results of the season in truth considering the circumstances.

We have 14-15 fit players at present assuming we came through unscathed on Monday.

When you are down to your bear bones no matter the side its hard to get three points.

We will find this out on Saturday at Norwich and at home against Sunderland.

Norwich will be as tough if not tougher than Chelsea and Sunderland likewise.

mancity111 said:
Blue Elvis said:
Bluekiwi said:

CTID

I wouldn't be too concerned Blue Elvis.

Ducado just gets like that particularly after a loss and at least he doesn't play favourites (LOL) when mooners post some doubts over MP and our credentials and whether we doing as well as we should be or players have performed below expectations and are named etc.

More importantly this period without Kun , Nasri and particularly Ferny will be season defining.

If we can still be within touching distance of Arsenal , Chelsea and Liverpool ( I haven't written them off just yet ) upon their return it augers well for us.

Its going to take a lot of resolve even though we think the opposition in the premier league at least consists of sides we should be winning against.

Some people forget we had Ferny, Kun , Nasri , Lescott , Richards , Milner , Rodwell, Garcia unavailable and a half fit Negredo up against Chelsea.

One sub was all we could realistically make and that was largely enforced due to Negredo's condition and the need to get more game time into Jovetic.

Who did they have missing other than Torres who have played this year - No one.

Given we played MDM out of position in a weakened midfield I am quite surprised some people are saying Chelsea were Bayernesque like.

Nothing could be further from reality , Bayern played us off the park for 75 minutes.

Chelsea's best doesn't come within a bulls roar of Bayerns best plain and simple.

Once Ferny was out I knew it was game over for us and our 100 per cent home record was gone.

I was holding out for 0-0 and we didn't come too far off doing so and maybe with a change in formation and some of the old style defending behind the ball we might have been able to pull it off which would have been up with the better results of the season in truth considering the circumstances.

We have 14-15 fit players at present assuming we came through unscathed on Monday.

When you are down to your bear bones no matter the side its hard to get three points.

We will find this out on Saturday at Norwich and at home against Sunderland.

Norwich will be as tough if not tougher than Chelsea and Sunderland likewise.

The next two games will be tough with all the injuries and of course these sides are fighting for their EPL survival. Need to show the resolve that we demonstrated at St James' Park, tough it out and hit with fast counter attacking.
And even if we had bought the two players from Porto in the transfer window, I doubt they would have been thrown into the Chelsea game. We just had to go with those that were available. It is a pity that the finishing was so poor as I think the misses probably sapped a bit of confidence from those on the pitch.
This is the most entertaining season for us Blues and I'm convinced we will have something in the trophy cabinet at its end.

We're only 2 points off Arse who aren't even a threat as far as i am concerned. We just need to hope Chelsea's scoring woes continue.

We are still the best out there, we were beaten on the night by a good side who played the right tactics and got a result. I cant see anyone other than City winning this league, Arsenal picked themselves up after a battering at our place as did Chelsea after two draws against poor opposition.
I believe..... do you?????

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.