It's off fury v haye.

70/30 Hayes favour.

Fury will get KO'd and knows it, he wants a career high payday to fall back on if he cant regain momentum after the loss.

Ask yourself this, what Champion mouths off from day one about a rival fighter (David Price) and then gets offered the fight due to purse bids from BBBoC and then bottles it by relinquishing titles. The guys is all hype and a world class fighter would destroy him. I'd like to see him right Pulev if Haye doesn't happen. Wlad would ice him and that will never happen.

The future is Hennessey putting out fighter v professional loser. He did it with ITV and he will do it now. This guys that fucking useless that one of Carl Frochs biggest fights was streamed online instead of on television and he then had to do a deal with newbie outfit Primetime, fwiw the owner of Primetime works for Channel 5.

I was bigger than big about boxing but now I sit back and simply watch whatever good fights happen but dont follow the sport. Bob Arum killed my interest, he denied us Gambia v Juanma and he scuppered Mayweather v Pacquiao. He also saw the robberies of JMM losing to Pacquiao and also Bradley winning v Pacquiao. Guys a blot on boxing and hopefully he retires soon. Frank Warren isn't much better.

oman0115 said:
SWP's back said:
This is why boxing is dying.

The way it is run is amateur beyond belief.

Boxing is not dying, what evidence supports that statement? This kind of nonsense has been going on for years. Fury, for all his talk does look like a bit of a shithouse though.

Attendances and TV/PPV money are down significantly.

argyle said:
oman0115 said:
SWP's back said:

Boxing is not dying, what evidence supports that statement? This kind of nonsense has been going on for years. Fury, for all his talk does look like a bit of a shithouse though.

Mayweather/Alvarez later this year is expected to break PPV records.

argyle said:
oman0115 said:
SWP's back said:

Not as much as the UFC's PPV numbers, they've taken a massive nose dive! The amount of youngsters entering local gyms is booming at the minute and to their credit promoters like Eddie Hearn are putting on great cards that sell out and draw huge tv numbers. Everytime Fury & DeGale fight on C5 the viewing figures are over a million.

conormcfc said:
argyle said:
oman0115 said:

Great choice of argument, the biggest star in boxing :/

Why not compare Andre Ward is one of boxings best P4P fighters yet can't even sell out a home town arena. Chad Dawson and Tim Bradley are no different.<br /><br />-- Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:39 pm --<br /><br />If boxing is doing so well why did ITV pull out? Why did Sky sacrifice half the budget to F1 instead of investing money into F1. Why did Frank Maloney go bankrupt? Why did Frank Warren do the same and open a new company to start again and even one for his son Francis?

NipHolmes said:
conormcfc said:
argyle said:

Why not compare Andre Ward is one of boxings best P4P fighters yet can't even sell out a home town arena. Chad Dawson and Tim Bradley are no different.

-- Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:39 pm --

If boxing is doing so well why did ITV pull out? Why did Sky sacrifice half the budget to F1 instead of investing money into F1. Why did Frank Maloney go bankrupt? Why did Frank Warren do the same and open a new company to start again and even one for his son Francis?

There have been plenty of boxers through out history who've suffered the same fate as Andre Ward. Lennox Lewis even in his early career struggled to sell venues & PPV, Froch up until recently wasn't mainstream. Marketed correctly Ward would be a star but he isn't. Maloney & Warren may have murky dealings, but how do you explain Golden Boy's or Matchrooms success? I think you're picking the finer points and missing the bigger picture.

the cocky twat wanting 80/20 split

if he got the bottle why not go for a winner takes all

I don't think anyone is claiming boxing is in a particular boom period but the aligation was that boxing is dying out. And the fella quite rightly said there is little evidence of this. Boxing has survived pretty much under the same rules for 150 years and there's been plenty of swings in popularity in that time. I'm quite confident it will continue to survive for a good while yet.

I've no beef with MMA. Not really my cup of tea but that's neither here nor there. If it does turn out to be more than a passing fad, fair enough but it has a long, long way to go to match the popularity of boxing. Certainly in this country.

oman0115 said:
NipHolmes said:
conormcfc said:

Why not compare Andre Ward is one of boxings best P4P fighters yet can't even sell out a home town arena. Chad Dawson and Tim Bradley are no different.

-- Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:39 pm --

If boxing is doing so well why did ITV pull out? Why did Sky sacrifice half the budget to F1 instead of investing money into F1. Why did Frank Maloney go bankrupt? Why did Frank Warren do the same and open a new company to start again and even one for his son Francis?

There have been plenty of boxers through out history who've suffered the same fate as Andre Ward. Lennox Lewis even in his early career struggled to sell venues & PPV, Froch up until recently wasn't mainstream. Marketed correctly Ward would be a star but he isn't. Maloney & Warren may have murky dealings, but how do you explain Golden Boy's or Matchrooms success? I think you're picking the finer points and missing the bigger picture.

Goldenboy is down to ODLH being Beckham of boxing. To their credit they make good fights but they burn fighters out quickly. Jacobs v Pirog, Ortiz v Maidana and Khan v Garcia when he needed building after Peterson loss for example. Very few of their fighters have prolonged success and end up burned out quickly.

Matchroom came up with the bastardised boxing concept of Prizefighter and they've been fortunate with it's success. They also came in with good fights but their frequency has tailed off somewhat because they too suffered with burn out. Also they have monopolised the Sky tv dates so are helped out by that. Few people will pay for Boxnation, ESPN, Premier Sports and Primetime and will just stick to what's on Sky Sports.

I hardly cherrypicked examples, both are world champs and in the top 10 p4p list. Ward won the super 6 and KO'ed Chad Dawson who dropped down a division to make the fight but was considered the best LHW in the world by many.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.