It's quiet 10, no apologies! (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Darkhorse said:
NipHolmes said:
bluemoondays said:
Shit sources but had a scan through some internet hits on Welbeck and contract.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/9227864/Manchester-United-to-offer-Danny-Welbeck-new-Old-Trafford-deal-to-secure-England-strikers-long-term-future.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... uture.html</a>

Looks like Welbeck only has a contract to 2013 and "supposedly" is only on £15k/week!!!! It looks like the rags are trying to get him to sign to a 5 year deal at £45k/week. His current contract seems to be due to expire in 2013.

£45k/week nowadays for an England international and a current rags 1st teamer seems pretty damned low. If he was a fringe player then maybe it'd be OK but he had 40 appearances last season for them.

It will b extrmely interesting to see if they can sign him up to a new deal and how much it will cost them. If he ends up walking on a free I'll be roflmao............

As I said, United tried to lowball Pogba and look what happened.

Your right, if he goes I will piss myself and I can see nigh on every team in the prem going in for a cheap/free English international forward.

Roll on...

I reckon its more likely to end up like the rooney situation. They won't be able to save face at all if welbeck goes. they could let nani, evra, even vidic go and ferguson will claim they were past it and that has someone new coming through to replace them. But Welbeck is the replacement for Berbatov. It'll be Arsenal all over again. Its nice to dream...

Lets just hope aye/

Rooney is rumoured to be looking to see this contract out and then returning to Everton for a year or 2. If Real came knocking he'd be out in a flash, as he would Chelsea imo.

LongsightM13 said:
I'm very much in agreement with Tolm, the loss of Fryers is a bigger blow to them than Milli Vanilli or the Shit Michael Jackson doing one.
Pogba, Morrison and Fryers were 'the big three' from their youth set up, supposedly the natural heirs to Ratboy, the Ginger Pig,The Family Wrecker etc.
That all three have left in a matter of months, especially when they keep banging on about being a club that promotes youth and 'does things the right way', shows that Shakin Bacon just hasn't got it any more.
He can't even spin his fake myths and bullshit to local lads who have been at their club since they were nippers.
We have terrified the life out of the old pisscan. He is in the throes of his death rattle.
When push came to shove, he brought back a retired thug to play in Midfield, rather than give Pogba a go. And then came to our place a frightened man, playing with 10 men behind the ball like relegation candidates and not managing a single shot on target.
We have our foot on their throat now.
A couple of top level signings and we will really start to squeeze . . .

I read that and then read it again just for enjoyment. I might read it again later.

Damocles said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
TonyM said:
I'm confused. Is TH saying that Zeki Fryers leaving United is a big deal? If so I'm a bit disappointed. Hoped it was Vidic or another decent first teamer.

I stated yesterday United were about to lose another player after Pogba.

Others decided to speculate as to who they hoped it might be.

I can't legislate for something being accurate and yet it not living up to expectations ;)

For my take, United have now lost three of their very brightest prospects and all because they can't afford to keep them happy on supposed prestige alone.

To be fair, it was a bloody good shout. I saw it in the Mail today and the pieces slotted in. Them losing their third big youth prospect on the bounce is both hilarious and comforting.

The rats are starting to abandon the ship, starting with those least indoctrinated. Their star player put in a transfer request last season. Their best defender may as well be in a wheelchair he's that fucked. And the Glazers have spent £480m of their money, then looked at floating the club without actually telling the CEO.

Superb. Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch. It's like fucking Christmas this is.

Maybe just maybe they think this share issue will allow them to spend big on top class players like we have done and therefore don't care about the kids coming through. Hoping I'm so very wrong but...

Tolm, there seems to be a lot of movement with strikers, what about other positions (which I think we most need strengthening in, such as centre back, centre mid.... Any news on Martinez?

LongsightM13 said:
I'm very much in agreement with Tolm, the loss of Fryers is a bigger blow to them than Milli Vanilli or the Shit Michael Jackson doing one.
Pogba, Morrison and Fryers were 'the big three' from their youth set up, supposedly the natural heirs to Ratboy, the Ginger Pig,The Family Wrecker etc.
That all three have left in a matter of months, especially when they keep banging on about being a club that promotes youth and 'does things the right way', shows that Shakin Bacon just hasn't got it any more.
He can't even spin his fake myths and bullshit to local lads who have been at their club since they were nippers.
We have terrified the life out of the old pisscan. He is in the throes of his death rattle.
When push came to shove, he brought back a retired thug to play in Midfield, rather than give Pogba a go. And then came to our place a frightened man, playing with 10 men behind the ball like relegation candidates and not managing a single shot on target.

Great post.

FBloke's famous "Tipping Point" was May 13th 2012.

Neville Kneville said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Damocles said:
Are you referring to Zeki Fryers going to Spurs?

They rated him as well. I love that he went "missing" from United then turned up at Spurs with a freshly laid contract. Excellent wumming, from a local lad too.

I was referring to Fryers, although some on here yesterday were hoping it was Rooney and such like.

Fryers is a very good prospect and the fact it comes on back of Morrison and Pogba should provide all the encouragement we need that United are having real issues.

It is all a bit fishy because if you were Pogba for instance, with Fletcher ill, Scholes & Giggs 150 years old, surely you would look at that midfield & think 'I have a chance of getting in here' ?

Likewise, a talented young defender looking at ageing crock Ferdinand, injured Vidic, shite Evans, would surely think it worth having a go to try & get a shirt.

This is the 'Famous Man Utd', after all: the 'club everyone dreams of playing for'.

Something smells badly wrong.

United know now that things are going to be different and all will never be plain sailing for them..when trying to regain their crown do they put their prospects in at the deep end?? me thinks not.. so theyre off like a rat out of an aquaduct..

same goes for us tbh with Roman going to Barca.

stony said:
LongsightM13 said:

I read that and then read it again just for enjoyment. I might read it again later.

try not to read it as often as I watch Sergio's goal, you will go blind

Stoned Rose said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
TonyM said:
I'm confused. Is TH saying that Zeki Fryers leaving United is a big deal? If so I'm a bit disappointed. Hoped it was Vidic or another decent first teamer.

I stated yesterday United were about to lose another player after Pogba.

Others decided to speculate as to who they hoped it might be.

I can't legislate for something being accurate and yet it not living up to expectations ;)

For my take, United have now lost three of their very brightest prospects and all because they can't afford to keep them happy on supposed prestige alone.

sinking-ship.jpg

Tick tock you horrible cunts.

Funny that sommat thats going to sink is floating on the stock market. :)

-- Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:45 pm --

tolmie's hairdoo said:
I realise we have gone off on a tangent here, however, it does give serious pointers towards our own transfer power and potential.

It a generational thing which is coming to pass. The kids coming through now aren't star-struck or live-in-fear of someone like Ferguson.

Sure, they will respect him, but all they see now is an old man in charge of a football club that might win things, but won't pay them the going rate, won't be around long term.

That's why they go after players who are still grateful when United make admiring glances, like Powell, Jones and Smalling.

They may still be fooling plenty, but those players were secured because they are second or third best to what they were previously accustomed to cherry-picking.

United resemble the scene in the wonderful film Cinderella Man.

Braddock goes and visits his agent at his swanky New York apartment in the middle of the first Great Depression.

He enters an empty shell, all the furniture sold to keep up appearances.

Keep telling yourselves this. United fear what tomorrow has already brought them. Now they fear what the future holds.

And they will continue to lie, and compromise themselves to maintain appearances.

Danny Welbeck has been mugged-off on a new contract for over 12 months, despite a year left on it.

He now wants what he is worth, they don't want to pay it, but they will have no choice.

It was braddocks wife Tolm..

Today Sam will be mostly a pedantic sod. :)

And yes it is a wonderful film..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.