It's quiet 10, no apologies! (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Fuck me-Having just got up and caught up with this thread I thought John Terry had logged on!!

Anyway....as Oakie Coakie says - Don't believe the hype and wait for the announcements from the club.

Fuck me I`d forgotten I`d posted that again !! Just shows the power of a fair few pints of Guinness. ;)

Darkhorse said:
Liverpool sign Borini. So is it us and Stoke left who are yet to enter the market?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/07/13/3240128/breaking-news-liverpool-sign-roma-striker-fabio-borini" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/pre ... bio-borini</a>

No. Stoke have signed Ness from Rangers. The only other club to sign nobody so far is Wigan. I really don't think this was our plan. Things just not going our way this window so far bombs or no bombs.

Marvin said:
Mancini Manus Domini said:
richards30 said:
i think part of the problem is that tolm keeps saying its gonna be huge and hes excited etc but the wait is the hardest part!! all we ever hear from bobby is how he wants quick business done etc but it never happens! he must have been told he can have who he wants though as having signed his new 5 year contract! i know players etc are on holiday but agents arent and it should be there busiest time and im sure players can take a phone call while on a sun lounger!

If it's because the players are still on holiday then they must have been involved with their country in the latter stages of Euro 2012. So that's Spain, Italy, Germany & Portugal.

Maybe next week the bombs will start with some of the following-
Hummels, Muller & Schweinstieger
De Rossi, Giovinco & Chiellini
Martinez, Pedro & Pique
Moutinho
Any signings have to be better than what we have. half of them are not

Of that list personally thing

Chiellini, Pedro and Moutinho would significantly improve our squad. Chiellini because he defends brilliantly. Pedro cos he has great pace and technique, would offer width. And Moutinho is a clever midfield player who is an upgrade on Barry.

Hummels looked dodgy defensively which like Pique you can get away with in European leagues, not here.

The two Germans look like they have been going backwards recently. Martinez likewise. Which leaves Giovinco who is a good player but lightweight for the PL.

Of the three I like, Moutinho likely to team up AVB. Pedro will get more game time now at Barca and Chiellini unlikely to leave Juve.

That leaves de Rossi who while he looks a great player I have doubts about his suitability for us. Would he be a huge upgrade on NDJ? It is difficult to put a finger on. His combatative instinct sure would be useful but I just don't see where he fits into our team.

most players who would improve our team/squad seem to either have signed for someone else and stated they dont want to leave their current teams!

richards30 said:
most players who would improve our team/squad seem to either have signed for someone else and stated they dont want to leave their current teams!

Should have gone all out for Bale and Thiago Silva...we would have been set up for years. FFP stopped us. PSG not arsed.

Cobwebcat said:
Darkhorse said:
Liverpool sign Borini. So is it us and Stoke left who are yet to enter the market?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/07/13/3240128/breaking-news-liverpool-sign-roma-striker-fabio-borini" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/pre ... bio-borini</a>

No. Stoke have signed Ness from Rangers. The only other club to sign nobody so far is Wigan. I really don't think this was our plan. Things just not going our way this window so far bombs or no bombs.

The window has only been open for 2 weeks and has 6 weeks left, and with FFP coming we have several players to shift before we can start buying.

Nobody of any consequence outside of Hazard has moved. We haven't missed out on anybody. Historically, we don't sign players until mid to late July.

Silva, Kolarov, Balotelli, Milner, Aguero, Pantimilion, Nasri, Tevez, Adebayor, Kolo Toure, Sylvinho, and Lescott were all signed 14th July or later. And that's only counting from 2009.

richards30 said:

Flap, flap, flappity flap.....

You lot are fucking embarrasing flapping like little girls.

The club know whats needed just chill you freaks.

We will be a force to be reckoned with again next season even if we didnt sign anyone!

robbieh said:
Of that list personally thing

Chiellini, Pedro and Moutinho would significantly improve our squad. Chiellini because he defends brilliantly. Pedro cos he has great pace and technique, would offer width. And Moutinho is a clever midfield player who is an upgrade on Barry.

Hummels looked dodgy defensively which like Pique you can get away with in European leagues, not here.

The two Germans look like they have been going backwards recently. Martinez likewise. Which leaves Giovinco who is a good player but lightweight for the PL.

Of the three I like, Moutinho likely to team up AVB. Pedro will get more game time now at Barca and Chiellini unlikely to leave Juve.

That leaves de Rossi who while he looks a great player I have doubts about his suitability for us. Would he be a huge upgrade on NDJ? It is difficult to put a finger on. His combatative instinct sure would be useful but I just don't see where he fits into our team.

Chiellini is vastly overrated,the Euro's proved that,however,as a back up to our first choices,he'd do the job.

DDR would walk into our team,positioning himself very nicely alongside Yaya....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.