It's quiet 10, no apologies! (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was there not meant to be a bid for rvp lodged this week? Maybe things have changed on that front with even the daily's have eased off on the stories linking him to every big club in europe. Wage demands or maybe arsenal are refusing to move on their stupid 30mil valuation of him either holding things up or put us off him completely?

Cobwebcat said:
Darkhorse said:
Liverpool sign Borini. So is it us and Stoke left who are yet to enter the market?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/07/13/3240128/breaking-news-liverpool-sign-roma-striker-fabio-borini" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/pre ... bio-borini</a>

No. Stoke have signed Ness from Rangers. The only other club to sign nobody so far is Wigan. I really don't think this was our plan. Things just not going our way this window so far bombs or no bombs.

The best way to fight your enemies is to know their strengths, Maybe City are waiting to see what the enemy have in their arsenals before stocking up on their own ammunition to fight back.

Probably shit...but I feel better for it.:)

Cobwebcat said:
i8rags said:
carlos92 said:
Is this another elaborate wind up or there is any solid news regarding our targets?
Breaking news all over media, wants to stay and win silverware with city

Good

Tevez Kolarov Kolo NDJ Dzeko A Johnson ....keep them all. Great players. Champions.

RSC and Savic...these are the type I'd like to see leave....not Tevez.

Bollocks to FFP too. PSG couldn't care less..neither should we. A centre back to replace Savic and a midfielder/winger = happy.
Well said that man!!

Damocles said:
Cobwebcat said:
Darkhorse said:
Liverpool sign Borini. So is it us and Stoke left who are yet to enter the market?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/07/13/3240128/breaking-news-liverpool-sign-roma-striker-fabio-borini" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/pre ... bio-borini</a>

No. Stoke have signed Ness from Rangers. The only other club to sign nobody so far is Wigan. I really don't think this was our plan. Things just not going our way this window so far bombs or no bombs.

The window has only been open for 2 weeks and has 6 weeks left, and with FFP coming we have several players to shift before we can start buying.

Nobody of any consequence outside of Hazard has moved. We haven't missed out on anybody. Historically, we don't sign players until mid to late July.

Silva, Kolarov, Balotelli, Milner, Aguero, Pantimilion, Nasri, Tevez, Adebayor, Kolo Toure, Sylvinho, and Lescott were all signed 14th July or later. And that's only counting from 2009.

The window opened when the season finished. Chelsea didn't have to wait till 1st July to sign Hazzard.

I wouldn't say nobody of consequence has moved. £790 million has been spent so far including £154 million by the top 5 spending clubs.

Interesting that we signed all those players late on but I'd still argue that its not our plan to do so. I'm not saying we won't sign anybody just that our rivals have strengthened while we are looking to offload to keep UEFA happy.

Price you pay to keep the established clubs from moaning.

I actually think we are not too concerned about who has already moved and concentrating on the couple we really want.

I'd expect a few of the youngsters to feature more regularly this season as well which will take the burden of our having to fill the gaps with decent second string players.

mcfcliam said:
Khaldoon says there will be improvements so chill the fuck out.

Embarrassing. It took a while last summer to make our first signing.

You don't have to be flapping to try and make sense of what is happening. I'm not saying we won't make signings eventually, just looking at the strategy of our rivals re FFP compared to ours.

Cobwebcat said:
mcfcliam said:

You don't have to be flapping to try and make sense of what is happening. I'm not saying we won't make signings eventually, just looking at the strategy of our rivals re FFP compared to ours.
It matters not who our rivals have bought. Only Hazard has moved out of players we were after.

Cobwebcat said:
mcfcliam said:

No knows what's happening, so there is no point in trying to read between the lines. I'm sure City will make reinforcements to the current squad, Kaldoon has said so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.