It's quiet 10, no apologies! (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Several major sports papers are reporting that Barca are looking at alternatives to Javi Martinez. It seems that he's too expensive for them and Bayern.

Which basically means he either stays at Bilbao or he comes to us.

He scored for Spain last night in an Olympic warm up.

robbieh said:
Several major sports papers are reporting that Barca are looking at alternatives to Javi Martinez. It seems that he's too expensive for them and Bayern.

with question marks over de jong,yaya n barry getting older,cover for VK n lescott.....this is our big signing this summer IMO

dctid said:
sam-caddick said:
at the end of the day with ffp uefa are forgetting one key flaw in their law; you cannot stop someone freely spending their money, it is illegal from where i stand!

clubs owners will always win if it went to court, obvioulsy, there is a happy medium, spending 100m+ every summer would be obscene in relation to the clubs revenue and future development!!

No its not illegal and club owners would not win in court - there are restricitions on what people can spend in many many sports wage caps in several sports Rugby being the most obvious one there was even a salary cap a long long time ago in football - there are financial restriction in Formula 1

The facts are plain to see.

And UEFA went to the European courts to make sure they are water tight.

celf said:
robbieh said:

with question marks over de jong,yaya n barry getting older,cover for VK n lescott.....this is our big signing this summer IMO

Totally agree.

grunge said:
dctid said:
sam-caddick said:
at the end of the day with ffp uefa are forgetting one key flaw in their law; you cannot stop someone freely spending their money, it is illegal from where i stand!

clubs owners will always win if it went to court, obvioulsy, there is a happy medium, spending 100m+ every summer would be obscene in relation to the clubs revenue and future development!!

No its not illegal and club owners would not win in court - there are restricitions on what people can spend in many many sports wage caps in several sports Rugby being the most obvious one there was even a salary cap a long long time ago in football - there are financial restriction in Formula 1

The facts are plain to see.

And UEFA went to the European courts to make sure they are water tight.

The problem is UEFA is a membership and as a private club they can ask whatever they want to be the entry criteria. We can legally spend 100's of millions year on year and nobody could stop us but UEFA can us from there club

celf said:
robbieh said:

Even without
question marks over de jong,yaya n barry getting older,cover for VK n lescott.....this would be our big signing this summer IMO

Fixed for accuracy! :)

I reckon we'll get Martinez. There's no way we're being so tame in the transfer market. We must have something good up our sleeve and I don't mean an ageing dutch crock

Marvin said:
It's genuine back page. Whether there's any truth in it is anyone's guess.

But don't think Utd can't afford it. In many ways they can't afford not to spend. The deal makes a lot more sense for Utd than it does City, but I think Arsenal will keep him.

The chances of him going to City are minimal because 1) I doubt we'll bid for him, and 2) if we did Arsenal would not sell to us again.

3) You don't want him to try and make everything suit your agenda.

The Fat el Hombre said:
I reckon we'll get Martinez. There's no way we're being so tame in the transfer market. We must have something good up our sleeve and I don't mean an ageing dutch crock
Martinez is playing for Spain in the Olympics. Bilbao will be hoping he has a good one to inflate any selling price!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.