It's quiet 10, no apologies! (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
80s Shorts said:
Described by untenable by whom ?

I'm only going by what the more decent newspapers like The Times and Indy said here, I can't prove it just like nothing behind the scenes can be proven or disproved without being there. I think there has been a lot of evidence on the surface of Mancini and Marwood not getting along though, such as Marwood refusing to sanction a big midfielder signing two windows running when Mancini said publicly he wanted one (De Rossi by the looks of it). Instead the perma-crock Hargreaves was force fed to Mancini and was a complete waste of time.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Manchester-City-chief-Brian-Marwood-tips-Owen-Hargreaves-for-England-recall-article804127.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Ma ... 04127.html</a> *snort*

Who is clambering for Cassells signature ?

Does it matter (especially as he's still employed by the club)? Here is another way of looking at it: the youth system has been undoubtedly worse off since Cassell left so he wasn't replaced with better and the post-takeover mantra hasn't come true (that being "if someone is sacked, we'll just get someone better").

LoveCity said:
The Future's Blue said:
Did he not have a hand in bringing in the likes of Yaya Toure, David Silva, Sergio Aguero et al, or was it just Mancini and Khaldoon who get credit for that?

And before you reply, remember what Khaldoon's comments were regarding Marwood.

Marwood and Mancini have been in conflict over transfer policy and their relationship used to be described as untenable. It should be well known by now that Marwood loves English/Premier League players, wanted Jordan Henderson, Junior Hoilett and Ashley Young, and threw Owen Hargreaves at Mancini on deadline day because they wouldn't let Mancini sign another midfielder he wanted (didn't that turn out well with Hargreaves?).

And I was told by someone related to the club that Marwood was responsible for Cassell being shafted because Marwood wants the credit for the Etihad Campus youth facility and felt Cassell was synonymous with City youth football so got him out of the way.
This 'Odd Couple' seem to be doing quite well don't they?

As for the Cassell thing, do you honestly believe what you say?

The Future's Blue said:

Can you tell me then why Cassell was conveniently relocated and not replaced by someone better? After all, why would someone so heavily associated with Manchester City youth football be reassigned if we didn't have someone vastly superior lined up? I'm not saying Cassell is perfect at all, he did very well with limited resources to produce some decent to very good footballers (including the £20million+ valued Micah Richards) but don't you find the reassigning of him just a little suspicious when it hasn't led to anything positive in the academy? Normally in the post-takeover era, the sacking or demotion of someone has been to introduce someone better at the job. You'll notice nearly all of our best youth players are purchased foreigners, only at U15 level is there any serious signs of progress otherwise.

LoveCity said:
The Future's Blue said:

Can you tell me then why Cassell was conveniently relocated and not replaced by someone better? After all, why would someone so heavily associated with Manchester City youth football be reassigned if we didn't have someone vastly superior lined up? I'm not saying Cassell is perfect at all, he did very well with limited resources to produce some decent to very good footballers (including the £20million+ valued Micah Richards) but don't you find the reassigning of him just a little suspicious when it hasn't led to anything positive in the academy? Normally in the post-takeover era, the sacking or demotion of someone has been to introduce someone better at the job. You'll notice nearly all of our best youth players are purchased foreigners, only at U15 level is there any serious signs of progress otherwise.
Look, I loved him just as you did but he moved on. My honest opinion at the time was that I was shocked as he'd done a great job but I understood why wanted to change but to blame Marwood because he wanted the credit seems slightly wrong.

Is he taking credit, for as you suggest, the level of of player for the last couple of years?

I think you are merging the facts to suit your agenda mate, thats all.

The Future's Blue said:

Well I will PM you more details on what I heard to prove it's nothing I have made up, if anyone has made it up it's a City employee.

LoveCity said:
The Future's Blue said:

Well I will PM you more details on what I heard to prove it's nothing I have made up, if anyone has made it up it's a City employee.

Can you at least tell us if they work in the ticket office or city store.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.