It's quiet 10, no apologies! (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
LoveCity said:
People can preach patience but the longer we wait, the less time the new arrivals have to settle in and the lack of a pre-season can lead to a difficult start with a new club for many players.

The thing with our team is, we can start with the one that finished the season and slowly intergrate the new ones over time.

LoveCity said:
People can preach patience but the longer we wait, the less time the new arrivals have to settle in and the lack of a pre-season can lead to a difficult start with a new club for many players.

Not too sure about that fella-if we get RVP even on the last day of the window he would be lethal come the Christmas period-Aguero came from a foreign league and still ripped up trees.

flb said:
lmjones1uk said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
If Van Persie is recruited, we won't retain the four strikers we have. If anything, Mancini was ready to sell Tevez and Dzeko at one point.

Just imagine how good Van Persie can get with the players we have, the rotation policy we can afford him.

He is technically brilliant and I will keep stressing it, because it's the most important factor, he is highly-motivated to win trophies.

For Champions League games, especially away ties, he can play up top on his own and we go with extra insurance in midfield.

He ticks every box.

... He's 29 next month though, is he going to keep the level of performance up he did last season? If we pay anymore than 15m were crazy, he'll prob sign a 4yr deal on 200k a week - do we really want to have a 33yr old player on super high wages sitting on the bench??!

You mean like Drogba?

They are two different players, besides his first season Drogba was consistent, RVP has had one great season and seven average ones, he looked dreadful in the euros and average for the last ten games of the season.

He's too much of a gamble and the money Arsenal want for him, along with wages and his age just don't make sound sense - you may get 1 good season out of him before he starts to wane..

Drogba and consistent don't go together. He got 30+ in 2 of his 8 seasons at Chelsea. He was also largely crap last season but showed up in 4 or 5 games in the big cup games down the final stretch.

Vincent said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Vincent said:
Tolmie, your'e slating of Adebayor is very narrow minded.

We employed him on a five year contract. It is us that want to break that contract not Adebayor. Why should he take a wage drop ? He was also employed on the basis that he was playing in the first team not with the reserves, so to see him in New York is hardly a surprise.

You and every other person would do the same in his shoes.

As for RVP, it's not going to happen. Quite simply, only around 5 clubs in the world at the moment have the funds to buy them and none of them are remotely interested. Clubs like Milan are a no go as they want them for next to nothing. We are not going to spend money on another forward as you say unless one of the two go and that is not going to happen.

Can't see us signing anybody during this window, but we shouldn't be worried. The group of players we have together now will only be stronger next year.

Not narrow-minded. Adebayor is prepared to put his wages before the rest of his career.

No problem, he can stay at City, we can keep paying him, as you say, we agreed the contract.

Difference is, he doesn't want that either and kicks up a fuss.

Can't have it both ways. Doesn't want to be at City, yet isn't prepared to take a pay cut.

And he sure as hell shouldn't be in New York when he should be back here training and 'earning' his £170k a week.
The thing is though he didn't kick up any fuss.

We simply decided we no longer wanted him and made him train with the reserves which is pretty disrespectful to a footballer as talented as he is.

We did the same with Nedum, Bridge, RSC.

He is happy to stay and fight for his place but isn't being given that option.

If my employer had me on a five year contract and decided they no longer wanted me would i go to another company on less money, would I fuck.
According to several reports and several leaks and several ITK people, he has indeed kicked up several fusses.

lmjones1uk said:
flb said:
lmjones1uk said:
... He's 29 next month though, is he going to keep the level of performance up he did last season? If we pay anymore than 15m were crazy, he'll prob sign a 4yr deal on 200k a week - do we really want to have a 33yr old player on super high wages sitting on the bench??!

You mean like Drogba?

They are two different players, besides his first season Drogba was consistent, RVP has had one great season and seven average ones, he looked dreadful in the euros and average for the last ten games of the season.

He's too much of a gamble and the money Arsenal want for him, along with wages and his age just don't make sound sense - you may get 1 good season out of him before he starts to wane..

I'd say Drogba plays a more physical game than RVP and he was still terrorising defenses even last year at the age he is.Persie will be lethal with our quality.

Adebayor is a well-known ****, it's common knowledge.

Back to his days at Metz and Monaco. Worst type of footballer, complete **** of a player. We did well to get 24m for him, has to be said.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
If Van Persie is recruited, we won't retain the four strikers we have. If anything, Mancini was ready to sell Tevez and Dzeko at one point.

Just imagine how good Van Persie can get with the players we have, the rotation policy we can afford him.

He is technically brilliant and I will keep stressing it, because it's the most important factor, he is highly-motivated to win trophies.

For Champions League games, especially away ties, he can play up top on his own and we go with extra insurance in midfield.

He ticks every box.

Will he want to be rotated at this stage in his career? Will we want to stray from our 'usual' formation just for CL matches? Can/will RvP stay fit? Can he maintain the form he's had at Arsenal where he was the focal point and the team was built around him and his style of play?

He is a great option to have and as has been pointed out, we were wasteful at times last season.

However if Tevez is now settled he's every bit as potent as RvP... what's more he's shown he can work up top on his own and with a striker partner, he's younger and less injury prone.

I agree he ticks a lot of boxes, but i'd also say those boxes are covered by our current strike department. He does come with a lot of risks, ones which i don't think we need to explore. If we were to sell Tevez & Dzeko, RvP gets injured then we've two strikers of very similar make up.

What i like about what we have presently is that we can play any formation, any style we choose... and we have the personality up front to reap the rewards.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
BlakeTheBlue said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Don't read too much into my non-response re Martinez. I posted last month his agents told us he wanted Barca or he would stay put.

Heard nothing to change that landscape. No need to meet the buy-out if that's supposedly set in stone.

Should Spain go tits-up in the next couple weeks, get ready for City to declare war on La Liga!!

Cheers TH. Info appreciated as always, positive or otherwise. I'm one of the few here who are of the opinion that if we were to start the new season as is we would be fine. Ofcourse it's always good to see top class additions arrive but you have said many times we're dining at a very exclusive table now and there not much out there that can be realisticly obtained that can improve us.

I do think RVP would be a great addition however and would be rather peeved if he ended up going to the rags because we dragged our feet too long.

I remember you saying we were eyeing up a couple of the Bilbao lads a while back... Is this what you mean?

Can't agree, mate. We desperately need to strengthen.

We can't stand still and I will say it again, we are a very good team, but not a great one yet and I don't believe we have the existing personnel to be one.

Silva and Yaya, then Aguero, took this club to the next level. Not revolution, just evolution, but we can't afford to be sentimental about it.

The margins for error, are incredibly slim, based on what we achieved last season.

We could easily have ended up empty handed. Time to stack the odds even more in our favour.

This club is ready to win doubles and trebles with the likes of Van Persie on board.

this is spot on and anybody believing otherwise will see us standing still in second/third place next season and no where near champs league knock-out stages...

its time to step up now and get the players that will take us to the next level of where the rags have been for so long and the likes of real,barca,chelsea and guaranteed if we don't get the players this transfer window to take us that next level its going to be even tougher than last season!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.