It's quiet 10, no apologies! (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
LoveCity said:
Mancini's subtle digs at Marwood are fully justified IMO. He has failed to shift even one unwanted player on a permanent deal yet and has had over two months now to sort this out. And in the meantime we haven't been able to sign anyone because of his "balance the books" policy that other clubs don't seem to care about (and I'm quite confident won't be punished for when the time comes, especially PSG). We can't even get rid of Kolo Toure who is still a big name and on under £100,000 a week. We get taken for mugs every year in the transfer market, paying over the odds, selling players too cheap, or not being able to sell players at all. I thought Mancini would have won the power struggle with his new contract but it's clear he is powerless just as he was in January when he wanted signings and had to make do with Pizarro on loan.
hopefully all that may not be the case and joyous news awaits

LoveCity said:
Mancini's subtle digs at Marwood are fully justified IMO. He has failed to shift even one unwanted player on a permanent deal yet and has had over two months now to sort this out. And in the meantime we haven't been able to sign anyone because of his "balance the books" policy that other clubs don't seem to care about (and I'm quite confident won't be punished for when the time comes, especially PSG). We can't even get rid of Kolo Toure who is still a big name and on under £100,000 a week. We get taken for mugs every year in the transfer market, paying over the odds, selling players too cheap, or not being able to sell players at all. I thought Mancini would have won the power struggle with his new contract but it's clear he is powerless just as he was in January when he wanted signings and had to make do with Pizarro on loan.
Do you think marwood if true is holding up transfers.

Could it not be higher up the chain who are not sanctioning things until certain players have been sold?

The cookie monster said:

Could it not be higher up the chain who are not sanctioning things until certain players have been sold?

I don't want to get into another Marwood argument but most things indicate it's his choice and his responsibility.

Also, MCRJON who has gotten some street cred on Bluemoon lately with some accurate ITK stuff posted this in mid-July which seems to back it up:

Player movements is Marwoods role pretty much from top to bottom Once tragets or player surpless is identified its his job to bring them in or farm them out.

It is a commitee with Mancini and his staff heavily involved. They factor is alsorts

eg Gareth Barry

Should we sell him this summer?

No: First team choice, very consistant, good engine, good pro, not the highest earner

Yes: 31 now so might not play 3 games a week, value is depreciating as his contract and age move on so re-sale value is at peak now, what other players are available

There is almost endless data goes into these decision, City have a decision science team that create models and bang in data from sources all over the club from finance, to scouts, to coaches and produce analysis.

So even if it isn't his decision to sell before buying, it's clear he is not being effective in his role as he's been unable to sell anyone yet... well, except Greg Cunningham for a nominal fee.

Rolee said:
Was he out of his depth last summer? Or the one before that?
Yes. I too could buy players if I had an (essentially) unlimited warchest. I would still be out of my depth though.

We've bought plenty of good players, but I wouldn't say we've got very many good deals - that says it all as to Marwood's (lack of) competence.

LoveCity said:
The cookie monster said:

I don't want to get into another Marwood argument but most things indicate it's his choice and his responsibility.

Also, MCRJON who has gotten some street cred on Bluemoon lately with some accurate ITK stuff posted this in mid-July which seems to back it up:

Player movements is Marwoods role pretty much from top to bottom Once tragets or player surpless is identified its his job to bring them in or farm them out.

It is a commitee with Mancini and his staff heavily involved. They factor is alsorts

eg Gareth Barry

No: First team choice, very consistant, good engine, good pro, not the highest earner

Yes: 31 now so might not play 3 games a week, value is depreciating as his contract and age move on so re-sale value is at peak now, what other players are available

There is almost endless data goes into these decision, City have a decision science team that create models and bang in data from sources all over the club from finance, to scouts, to coaches and produce analysis.

So even if it isn't his decision to sell before buying, it's clear he is not being effective in his role as he's been unable to sell anyone yet... well, except Greg Cunningham for a nominal fee.

You forgot Caciedo for less than 1 Million.

LoveCity said:
The cookie monster said:

eg Gareth Barry

Too many people knocking Marwood in my view. Clubs are not exactly queueing up to take on these players. How do you sell something that's not in demand? Only by giving it away and i don't think Marwood has the power to do that. The only club in for Ade seem to be Spurs and they won't match his salary. So the obvious solution is to make up the difference, but can Marwood sanction this? And what sort of a message does that send out to other clubs anyway? When Madrid took Ade on loan i believe they payed his salary in full. Marwood got no credit for this, so why is he getting stick for the current situation. Spurs are trying to f@ck us good and proper. We have to stand on a point of principle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.