It's quiet 10, no apologies! (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
NipHolmes said:
taconinja said:
lmjones1uk said:
Hmm well I'm yet to be convinced about Chelsea, a lot of players need to climatise also they lost there best striker in Drogba so I think they will get top 4 but will prob be inconsistent.

ManU havnt strengthened in the right areas as yet, Scholes can't play every game and Rooney had a phenomenal season last year, I don't think he will keep that form up especially after a euros. Also I credit Fergie getting 20% more out of his players on purely motivating them to beat us, we broke their spirit last season so I don't think it will be the case again.

I take your point about Midfield, maybe DDR is the answer - what we gonna do with Milner though?
Use him as the squad utility player he's destined to be? I mean he's basically the English version of Park Ji-Sung.

I rate him higher than Park, at £18mill + Ireland I think we were robbed but he's still a better player than often credited for. As a winger he lacks pace but it would be good to see him on the right wing with Johnson on the left as a 442 set of wingers. Balls whipped in on stronger foot like. Through the middle is a place we could play him, box to box as his stamina would allow it. Only problem with Milner is that he is so flexible he has many different roles rather than perfecting a single role he is good at many. I wouldn't consider him a top 4 player though, squad yeah but not starting.
Don't misunderstand me. I rate him highly and every top squad has at least one player like him. I also rated Park in his prime for the same reasons. If we do persist with a 3-5-2 for certain matches, I can easily see him slotting in at right wing back when needed, not to disparage Richards or Zabaleta.<br /><br />-- Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:46 am --<br /><br />
NipHolmes said:
Invisible_Goat said:
Mancio said:
unfortunally we are not barcelona , and premier league is not la liga.

then you can go to recall wich forwards mancini signed in all his career and you'll find that but aguero they were all at least 6 feet

In some sports, you know by someone's appearance if they would be half decent, so the fact you call them dwarfs suggest you must be a basketball or American rugby fan.

In football, a weak overweight slow dwarf, could in fact be in the top 50 players in the world because he could have many other great attributes. The fact that Aguero and Tevez are small has no relevance what so ever to how good they are because In terms of ability these men are massive. I would only replace Aguero or Tevez with Messi and he's smaller than both.

How tall was Maradona?

Being small is a good thing as normally players are quicker in accelration and tend to have far superior ball control than taller players.

Unless we have suddenly reverted to Stokes style of play I see no problem with having short players.
At this point I think people are making a bigger deal of this than need be. I frequently hear of Barcelona as a side of "dwarfs" by British broadcasters. I don't feel they're trying to insult Barcelona either when they say it.

Mancio said:
my point was as for as i know mancini i believe he would prefear to play with a short + a tall stiker couple , just this.

but it seem today there are a lot of language masters and politically correct maniac to whom i'm happy to apologise for my linguistic ignorance.

meanwhile i'll stand on my point , mancini will rarely play aguero and tevez together , IMO.

Then your a dickhead shorty.

Mancio said:
my point was as for as i know mancini i believe he would prefear to play with a short + a tall stiker couple , just this.

but it seem today there are a lot of language masters and politically correct maniac to whom i'm happy to apologise for my linguistic ignorance.

meanwhile i'll stand on my point , mancini will rarely play aguero and tevez together , IMO.

He ended the season playing Aguero and Tevez together even though Edin was fit and available. So I think the point you're actually making is that if the gaffer has a world class top drawer tall forward to play alongside his world class top drawer shorter forward, then he would prefer this combination. Realistically though, we will begin the season with Aguero and Tevez up front. Whatever the gaffer prefers, he's got what he's got and he has shown he can make the best of it, as per the run in which won us the title with two "little" men.

Mancio said:

I disagree.

-------Aguero-------
Silva---Tevez---Nasri
-----Barry-Yaya-----

Mancini will start with that most games of season imo. Reason being is that it's our strongest attack.

Tevez for all teh **** in him is a world class player who can change a game single handely. Balotelli will get better but he's still too immature to rely on. If we got RVP I would agree with your point but for now and the players we have I think Tevez is a main player.

Mancio said:
so if you think the word "dwarf" being inappropiate feel free to replace it with the most appropriate word to describe less than 170 cm tall footballers.

BTW, both Tevez and Aguero are 173 cm tall not less than 170 cm tall.

I think much relies on how Balotelli handles life in and around the squad this season. If he shows maturity and composure like he did at the Euros (despite that ludicrous non-shot) then my bet is that by mid-season, he and Aguero will be our primary starters.

Talking of Dwarfs. I noticed no one called them fat dwarfs, which Tevez arguably was late last season! I'd still take a fat dwarf who can play, over a beanpole. In fact I'd take a fat, unfit, smoker/drinker dwarf who can really play, over about anyone.
Free Rags season ticket to the one who who can name the short, fat, unfit (non-argy) dwarf I am referring to?

The cookie monster said:
dctid said:
The cookie monster said:
Any news on tevez ?
Ive forgiven the twat and am hoping he stays :)

I would be stunned if he left to be honest - Bobby has pretty much paired Tevez / Aguero together in all the higher profile pre season games

Still sticks in the throat a little but yes i hope he stays - if we could get another season out of him like two seasons ago it would be fantastic
I've said along mate tevez & aguero full season together will cause utter carnage to defences.

totally agree. can't wait for the season to start.

Give Mancio a break fellas, he's just giving his opinion. And TBF, why are some people so sure that Bobby will go with Tevez/Aguero? Dzeko was unavailable for most of pre-season due to injury and Ballotelli was completely unavailable.

Mister Appointment said:
Mancio said:
so if you think the word "dwarf" being inappropiate feel free to replace it with the most appropriate word to describe less than 170 cm tall footballers.

BTW, both Tevez and Aguero are 173 cm tall not less than 170 cm tall.

Yeah sure, like Tom Cruise is 6'1"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.