It's Quiet 10 no apologies! (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
the originalkippaxman said:
BringBackSwales said:
mansour's tow ropes said:
ok I've got an idea i'll pretend we are back in division two so i'll be happy with signing the likes of sinclair

I really doubt you went in division 2, if you were it was probably in mummy's tummy

Or she was legs akimbo over a BMW M3 letting the lads celebrate a memorable day. Ah them were the days.

It was a 3 litre Capri.

NipHolmes said:
LoveCity said:
Although they have not been able to stop us, the aristocrats at UEFA have succeeded in slowing the Manchester City juggernaut this summer without question. Financial Unfair Play has made us stop and hesitate or else we'd probably have Thiago Silva and one or two other top players in the squad already. They won't stop us but have definitely slowed us down.

I have said before and I will say again, it is the fact we have not sold our 'deadwood' and not sold Dzeko/Tevez (most likely Dzeko).

We have Kolo, Ade, RSC, Savic?, AJ and Dzeko all on the books to sell and all taking big wages.

Should we have sold them earlier we would move, I still believe the last week of this window will be pandemonium across the board. We have a team that is capable of winning whilst late additions bed in. All is not lost but I definately agree with you. Silva would have been ours for sure.

Yep we are still paying the price for Hughes' random buying. Something he is doing with QPR. The ex-Portsmouth owner did not help with his comments when we got originally taken over.

carlos92 said:
We are not a big club in Europe. We are still a million miles from that yet. We have one honour and that is the ECWC which is one below the Europa League (UEFA cup). Not a rag comment but a cold fact.

That may be so, but others have having a tantrum and it's daft.

We've got an amazing squad already and we can't sign several players for £30m+ every transfer window. Even if the money is there (which I think it is), and we need one or two (which I think we do), we don't know how delicate the tactics/negotiations are and in reality the players we want may just not be available - e.g. De Rossi.

That said, maybe we will act earlier next time - but we are relatively new to this "world class player" market as a club, and it's bound to be a learning curve.

That CEO from Barca should be an asset anyway going forward - he will have plenty of experience and contacts at the highest level.

bowdonblue said:
carlos92 said:
We are not a big club in Europe. We are still a million miles from that yet. We have one honour and that is the ECWC which is one below the Europa League (UEFA cup). Not a rag comment but a cold fact.

We've got an amazing squad already and we can't sign several players for £30m+ every transfer window. Even if the money is there (which I think it is), and we need one or two (which I think we do), we don't know how delicate the tactics/negotiations are and in reality the players we want may just not be available - e.g. De Rossi.

That said, maybe we will act earlier next time - but we are relatively new to this "world class player" market as a club, and it's bound to be a learning curve.

That CEO from Barca should be an asset anyway going forward - he will have plenty of experience and contacts at the highest level.

Yep I agree with all of your post. We all need a dose of reality.

bowdonblue said:
carlos92 said:

a balanced and rational post - fuck off out of here (lol)

Uncles just been round he said someone who works high up at liverpool has told him that the club have made a 8million pound bid for someone Reckons its for johnson

BringBackSwales said:
bowdonblue said:
carlos92 said:

a balanced and rational post - fuck off out of here (lol)

I have never been called balanced and rational, but if it is for Bowden Blue I agree.

carlos92 said:

I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with how we are perceived in Europe, but I would suggest that (at the time of winning) the Cup Winners Cup, was actually what it said it was! Therefore, although not in the same bracket as the European Cup, it was actually contested for by teams that had actually won a domestic trophy, to enter said competition and by definition was a more significant trophy than the current shambles, that is the Europa League.

bowdonblue said:
carlos92 said:

AArrrrggghhh!!!!
Corporate-speak! One of my most hated phrases! The PR way of sticking your fingers in your ears, closing your eyes and shouting 'there is no problem here, honest, blah blah blah'!

Other than that a very good post

mcfcallo said:
Uncles just been round he said someone who works high up at liverpool has told him that the club have made a 8million pound bid for someone Reckons its for johnson

That must because we are severely lacking in the right back department

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.