It's Quiet 10 no apologies! (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it's inexperience in negotiation, although that may be a minor factor, as much as it is an impossible sales pitch to make.

In a lot of ways, this was always how it was going to play out. Without any obvious starting XI gaps, we're trying to lure players to the Etihad on the promise of money and a rotational policy. The other teams are offering similar money and the ability to walk into the side. DDR just didn't want to leave Roma, Hazard and RvP were looking at being an occasional bench warmer, at the very least. You can't sign the kind of players we're looking for to sit on the bench. These players have massive money in endorsements and national team exposure, let alone their egos.

We probably have to play this season out, see if last year's Euro campaign was just a tough draw, and have a bit more information about where we can improve the squad. Especially with additional age to some of our players and more information on Micah and a few others, we'll be able to better target which positions we need to upgrade on in order to achieve our targets, then offer big money and starting XI positions to those targets, which was just something we really weren't in a position to do for most players this season.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.marca.com/2012/08/21/futbol/equipos/betis/1345541214.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.marca.com/2012/08/21/futbol/ ... 41214.html</a>

Santa Cruz "very close" to joining Betis.

GXCity said:
mcfcallo said:
Uncles just been round he said someone who works high up at liverpool has told him that the club have made a 8million pound bid for someone Reckons its for johnson

That must because we are severely lacking in the right back department
Liverpool bidding for adam johnson that is

That £8,000,000 bid is for Adam Johnson which is a little unrealistic.

mcfcallo said:
Uncles just been round he said someone who works high up at liverpool has told him that the club have made a 8million pound bid for someone Reckons its for johnson

I hope you mean liverpool bidding for our Johnson rather than us bidding for their's?<br /><br />-- Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:38 pm --<br /><br />
carlos92 said:
BringBackSwales said:
bowdonblue said:
That may be so, but others have having a tantrum and it's daft.

We've got an amazing squad already and we can't sign several players for £30m+ every transfer window. Even if the money is there (which I think it is), and we need one or two (which I think we do), we don't know how delicate the tactics/negotiations are and in reality the players we want may just not be available - e.g. De Rossi.

That said, maybe we will act earlier next time - but we are relatively new to this "world class player" market as a club, and it's bound to be a learning curve.

That CEO from Barca should be an asset anyway going forward - he will have plenty of experience and contacts at the highest level.

a balanced and rational post - fuck off out of here (lol)

I have never been called balanced and rational, but if it is for Bowden Blue I agree.

sorry, yes it was for Bowden Blue

BringBackSwales said:
mcfcallo said:

I hope you mean liverpool bidding for our Johnson rather than us bidding for their's?
Yep

Uncle Clockwise said:
Therefore, although not in the same bracket as the European Cup, it was actually contested for by teams that had actually won a domestic trophy, to enter said competition and by definition was a more significant trophy than the current shambles, that is the Europa League.

Spot on post....

The better we get the fewer options we have to improve. That pool of players then become harder to capture because they are often already with a good European club, couple that with them wanting a move and feeling confident that they can get themselves into our side, and I think we may have to get used to more transfer windows like this one. Don't let it frustrate you, look at it as another sign of progress and good management. We know we could sign 20 substandard players on silly money tomorrow but which Blue in there right mind would want that, look where it has got us in the past !
Our improvement and progress in the last 4 years has been on a constant and steady uphill curve with no downsides of any significance that I am aware of, so why so much lack of faith in the powers that be ?
10 days to go Blues, in city we trust.

strongbowholic said:
Hamann Pineapple said:
Joehannes said:
Shopping....

media

....In Pretty Green.

Probably getting a smaller shirt
You can't question the guv'nor's style. Classy as fuck, always looks a million dollars.
He is a fucking Don, you've got to admire his style

mcfcallo said:

8 million yet they pay 20 mill for henderson...I swear other clubs look at us and take the piss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.