It's quiet 10, no apologies!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Robben and ribery had a bust up last week and apparntly robben saying he wont be signing a new contract, maybe watching him?

tolmie's hairdoo said:
RvP, Robben, do they give us what we require, apart from two sicknotes?

Always my first thought on Robben at least. Experience yes, is he ever going to be consistently able to get it onto the pitch? Age and record would probably say not likely, though we could of course end up getting a player in their prime with 3 or so great seasons left in him. I think RVP genuinely could have shaken off his problems and be fine, but Robben last time I checked averages a pretty poor amount of games per season for the wages he'll undoubtedly be on. Does on the other hand have that single handed ability to win games, and generally scare the shit out of defences.

arsenals reaction to us signing RVP would be nothing to the meltdown that would happen to rags if we signed ronaldo.
With us playing in the far east this summer i wouldn't be too surprised if Milner had to swap his squad number just before we set off.

What is the point of sending people to watch that match? Everyone in the world knows what the players on show will have to offer......

I am not bullshitting the comments Tolmie, Its just a question that popped in my head.
Perhaps more of a check on fitness levels and suitability for a certain system..

MonsallBlue said:
What is the point of sending people to watch that match? Everyone in the world knows what the players on show will have to offer......

I am not bullshitting the comments Tolmie, Its just a question that popped in my head.
Perhaps more of a check on fitness levels and suitability for a certain system..

Sometimes you just want a man there monitoring one guys movement that the TV doesn't let you see. You can get a much better feel for one players overall performance in a game when your vision isn't being funnelled to the action. Off the ball work, tracking back, etc. If we're looking at these sort of players at a game like this frankly I think a serious requirement for our transfer targets is a big set of bollocks. We're aiming for the big games and we need the big game players.

Two new (sort of) targets:

18-year-old Argentine defender Lisandro Magallan who is called one of the brightest talents over there and has been recommended to Bob by Lombardo: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/120425/argentine-youngster-manchester-citys-radar-170642" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/ ... dar-170642</a>

22-year-old Anderlecht defender/midfielder Cheikhou Kouyate who we have been linked to in the past so looks like we're keeping tabs on him: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.insidefutbol.com/2012/04/24/manchester-city-check-up-on-anderlecht-starlet-cheikhou-kouyate/61530/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.insidefutbol.com/2012/04/24/ ... ate/61530/</a>

adrianr said:
MonsallBlue said:

Sometimes you just want a man there monitoring one guys movement that the TV doesn't let you see. You can get a much better feel for one players overall performance in a game when your vision isn't being funnelled to the action. Off the ball work, tracking back, etc. If we're looking at these sort of players at a game like this frankly I think a serious requirement for our transfer targets is a big set of bollocks. We're aiming for the big games and we need the big game players.

when scouting a player, it means every second of the match, the score/result being irrelevant. Fans cannot be so focused, a scout has to be, many times in some cases.
Good scouts are priceless, bad ones disastrous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.