It's Quiet 16 - Txiki grinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the 27th was a bit late for ghosts of christmas past.

Either that or I seem to have travelled back to 2017.

Why this thread turned into Zinchenko bashing?

Even so that's very unfair for him and downplaying his ability, Pep will never use him at all and will request for LB player if he thinks Zinchenko will never make into the first team squad on the first or second season in City. The fact that he didn't do that is statement of Zinchenko strength and that is always be enough for me if the world class manager like Pep who have seen many world class player on daily basis thinks Zinchenko is enough for a backup/rotation player for us.

I mean we should be grateful for a quality backup/rotational player like him didn't mind playing only handful match and not being a considered a first option. Not many player especially with a world class quality in the world is willing to be benched or rotation, so it will be difficult to find player like that even if we want to. So player with determination and patience like Zinny is very rare and we should be grateful player like that still exist even if he's not a world class player.
1) Pep uses him because currently he has no other option than him
2) we don't need a rotational option but actually someone who can grow in to take the place in the first 11. we cannot go on a season with only 2 full backs who are good enough

2) we don't need a rotational option but actually someone who can grow in to take the place in the first 11. we cannot go on a season with only 2 full backs who are good enough

Still like i said before searching a proven and world class player in LB position is not an easy decision, they will always want a guarantee playing time and will not be willing to be benched. Not many option with that specification and willingness to be benched if required.

for 3 years? he's using him basically as a starter for 3 years out of default? or is he satisfied with him?

zinchenko is more than good enough and the reactionary forces for one bad game will not change that

No team going has an elite player for every position in reserve.

Zinc is more than good enough to be in the squad as cover for Cancelo. He’s actually perfect for that place in the squad since he’s happy to be here and work hard in that role.

The problem with an even higher quality of player in reserve is that they grow restless if they aren’t playing and want to leave like with Laporte last season.

Crying out we need a LB when we dont actually used or need a natural LB in the system.

The position is used to cover using a single DM, which is needed shows yesterday when both play badly you get pumped on the counter with how high we play.

The chances of us buying a classic full back are probably long gone (in this setup anyway). Walker tucks in to make a back 3 and the LB tucks into MF to help possession. If they both fucked off on the overlap with the amount we attack the CB's would be screwed.

No team going has an elite player for every position in reserve.

Zinc is more than good enough to be in the squad as cover for Cancelo. He’s actually perfect for that place in the squad since he’s happy to be here and work hard in that role.

The problem with an even higher quality of player in reserve is that they grow restless if they aren’t playing and want to leave like with Laporte last season.
did you read what I said? A player who can grow into the first 11. means a young talent who has the talent to take the place permanently. a young player with all the basics needed in a pep team who can eventually has a peak to become world class, not a stop gap like zinc

Last edited:
Crying out we need a LB when we dont actually used or need a natural LB in the system.

The position is used to cover using a single DM, which is needed shows yesterday when both play badly you get pumped on the counter with how high we play.

The chances of us buying a classic full back are probably long gone (in this setup anyway). Walker tucks in to make a back 3 and the LB tucks into MF to help possession. If they both fucked off on the overlap with the amount we attack the CB's would be screwed.
I dont care what kind of LB. if you don't have the basic defensive qualities you don't play LB. zinc like I said is like a kid chasing his dad when he defends. even guardiola has said he is not good defensively. pep plays zinc because he has no one else there just like it was with delph

Zinchenko was/is still a young talent, hes only 25 ffs.
He took the hard road to get here and he hasn't looked back since he got his chance. Pep molded him into a completely different position and we have won 3 titles in 4 years with Zinchenko more than playing his part.

Zinchenko has hardly put a foot wrong and more than deserves his place. He won't be going anywhere until the day he knocks on Peps door and wants to go.
pep plays zinc because he has no one else there just like it was with delph
Why hasn't Pep bought anyone then? hes been here for 10+ transfer windows and bought one LB. You must have some reason why not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.