It's Quiet 16 - Txiki grinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think out of all the strange posts I've read on here the last few pages the most unbelievable has to be @jimharri claiming the match day threads are policed... Haha!
God knows how bad the ones that don't get through are!
You don't want to know! Seriously though, if we pulled every post that was even slightly critical of the players, club, fans, car parking, catering etc etc, not only would the thread be half as long as it usually runs to, we'd be accused of being like RAWK. If it was up to me, I'd get rid of the Match thread altogether (too many flappers on there), but this place would spontaneously combust if that happened. Plus, more importantly, the gaffer wouldn't be too impressed by it!

Don't expect us to bring anybody in this January but we're running close to the danger zone now. mendy and torres removed from an already small sized squad puts an awful lot of strain on our players, we've got 3 fullbacks for 2 positions, 3 8's for 2 positions, no real 9 and a bunch of players who all seem to be playing their best game on the right wing with mahrez jesus sterling and palmer. If we lose a fullback or a midfielder to a lengthy injury we're going to struggle, could do with a body, even a loan even if its purely to allow us to protect others.

Don't expect us to bring anybody in this January but we're running close to the danger zone now. mendy and torres removed from an already small sized squad puts an awful lot of strain on our players, we've got 3 fullbacks for 2 positions, 3 8's for 2 positions, no real 9 and a bunch of players who all seem to be playing their best game on the right wing with mahrez jesus sterling and palmer. If we lose a fullback or a midfielder to a lengthy injury we're going to struggle, could do with a body, even a loan even if its purely to allow us to protect others.
make that 2 Zinchenko will never be or was a full back in his career, he is made to play there as a stop gap like delph. we essentially have no LB in the squad

make that 2 Zinchenko will never be or was a full back in his career, he is made to play there as a stop gap like delph. we essentially have no LB in the squad

Oh will you shut up.

We have won loads with Zinchenko playing very well at LB. We get it, you don’t like him, you’ve spammed the forum enough with your unpopular opinion now, so do us all a favour and stop repeating the same thing over and over again.

You're not going to find many to back that here. Zinchenko has proven himself to be a superb left back option for us season on season for the past 4/5 years, Pep trusts him and he's never shown anything on the pitch for anybody to doubt him. I think his time here is more than long enough to say he's a fullback and given we haven't replaced him and have given him a new contract in that period it's safe to say he's not seen as a stop gap either.

yes I did, he was a huge liability in the biggest CL match of all. don't you remember the CL final goal and how Havertz ran past him like he was not even there, any decent LB with pace would have stayed with Havertz and alteast put a tacke in before the shot. zinc was half decent against PSG and overall cancelo was far better than him in the CL campaign and when Cancelo lost form we got a useless player as his replacement, now if we had a proper LB we would have had a far better chance in the final.
While I agree with you on the defensive aspect, he does bring a lot to our team in terms of build up. It did help us in the CL run. Also the moment you are criticising could also be applicable to Walker who misread the situation and went a bit too early to leave the backline exposed when we rely on him a lot.

That said, it is what it is, wasn't meant to be. We do need a proper left back. One that can help us week in week out.

Might just be me but I feel the defensively midfield really needs addressing in summer before anything else. Rodri will need rotation/cover/competition however you want to put it. Already struggling a bit because Ferna obviously cannot cope with this much football for his age. It really is the most vital position in our system and dictates how we play.

What in the world does Barca keep offering these players that they agree to these absurd buy-out clauses? Torres getting a 1 Billion buy out clause will never get touched. I don't understand the players decision to allow these crazy numbers into their contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.