It's Quiet 16 - Txiki grinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
My position is clear.

Strap our big boys pants on, turn up at Dortmund on Jan 1 and hand them a £20m premium for Haaland.

It will call the bluff of both the player and his club.

C'mon City, you know it makes sense.

I'm getting some money off my dad for Christmas, so will gladly chip in £42.50.
What? He couldn't stretch to £50, or have you earmarked £7.50 for an alternative?

Sam Lees article on the athletic says that Pep and others at the club believe they need to sign a striker.

Doesn’t see Haaland as a possibility in January but Pep believes a clinical number 9 would fix things when things go wrong.

Also City are open to improving their squad in the winter if the opportunity rises even though they are normally quiet.

Sam Lees article on the athletic says that Pep and others at the club believe they need to sign a striker.

Doesn’t see Haaland as a possibility in January but Pep believes a clinical number 9 would fix things when things go wrong.

Also City are open to improving their squad in the winter if the opportunity rises even though they are normally quiet.

There must be an opportunity then as there really is no need to do this Torres deal now to weaken the squad?

Looks like as of 1.1.2022 we are down 2 "forwards" who have PL experience. Also Delap is out for an unspecified period including regaining match fitness. Might we consider 1 attacker in January and 1 in the summer to replace Sergio and Torres. The Torres move has been swift, my guess is we have a January replacement almost hooked, we don't leak transfer info. like Barca. Any thoughts ?
I was thinking along similar lines. Either city are furious with Barca or we have a replacement in the bag already...

Is vlahovic a clinical 9? I'm expecting some wildcard if this is true. But obviously dreaming of haaland

Don't think mutually exclusive.

Barca are desperate out of necessity, they need to make Champs League this season and also appease their fans.

Torres was tapped up, Barca chanced their arm, although I do agree City didn't need to be so amiable and could have waited until the summer to deal.
Once Torres head was turned doing a deal for Jan was the sensible thing to do. No point in keeping an unhappy player. And if Barca went elsewhere he might not even get a summer move

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.