It's Quiet 16 - Txiki grinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope I prefer Torres to Kane
Also prefer Vlahovic to Kane
Obviously prefer Haaland to Kane
As a non-English person, I am one of the few here who doesn’t have to pretend to like him even when he plays for his national team lol. Fuck him

As someone that’s pretty apathetic about Ferran’s departure, it’s been fun watching these transfer threads today.

I think any members saying they’d be happy with Vlahovic instead of Haaland are kidding themselves. Vlahovic would do a fine job, but Erling Braut is a total phenomenon. No other striker under the age of 26 would bring to City what he could.

Ultimately it’s down to Little Alf and Big Alf where he goes, but I hope City pull out every stop and more to try and get this one done.

Vlahovic would be prolific as fuck but nothing like Little Alf.

Erling Haaland with a supporting cast of Grealish, Foden, Sterling, Bernardo, Mahrez, KDB and Cancelo will do things to the Premier League that’ve never been done before.

As someone that’s pretty apathetic about Ferran’s departure, it’s been fun watching these transfer threads today.

I think any members saying they’d be happy with Vlahovic instead of Haaland are kidding themselves. Vlahovic would do a fine job, but Erling Braut is a total phenomenon. No other striker under the age of 26 would bring to City what he could.

Ultimately it’s down to Little Alf and Big Alf where he goes, but I hope City pull out every stop and more to try and get this one done.

Erling Haaland with a supporting cast of Grealish, Foden, Sterling, Bernardo, Mahrez, KDB and Cancelo will do things to the Premier League that’ve never been done before.
How much do you think that is fans hedging their bets in case Haaland doesn’t come?

Looks like as of 1.1.2022 we are down 2 "forwards" who have PL experience. Also Delap is out for an unspecified period including regaining match fitness. Might we consider 1 attacker in January and 1 in the summer to replace Sergio and Torres. The Torres move has been swift, my guess is we have a January replacement almost hooked, we don't leak transfer info. like Barca. Any thoughts ?

I am not kidding myself, I would be very happy with Vlahovic, he averages a goal every second game for club and country, will be 22 on 28.1.2022, he is strong and skilful , what a promising player for our coaches to mould and polish. I'd be happy if Haaland came, or happy if Vlahovic came, either would offer a lot.

My position is clear.

Strap our big boys pants on, turn up at Dortmund on Jan 1 and hand them a £20m premium for Haaland.

It will call the bluff of both the player and his club.

C'mon City, you know it makes sense.

I'm getting some money off my dad for Christmas, so will gladly chip in £42.50.
Dead right,. I fucking about .... offer....accept/reject.

If it's no we can move on and not fanny about with him anymore. If nothing else we're constantly guilty of dribbling a few quid in here & there, it's almost Rome burned while TB fiddled and this needs to stop.

Selling Torres might do two additional things.

It gives Fiorentina, and Dortmund (if we were to try land him in january for more than the release clause), bargaining weight to look for an extra 10m, given they know we just sold our only 'striker' and need to replace him going into the business end of the season.

It also might give both players and their entourage serious fomo. Seeing torres sold, I'd imagine an obvious thought (that almost everyone here seems to have had) is, we must be ready to bring someone in in January. And if it isn't them, they would assume it is the other one. Might be a push to the table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.