It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Was this Lillo situation a quick development or had it been on the cards for a while,it amazes me how many have now jacked as his number 2,this is three now ain't it,unless they think the grass is greener and all that.
Being taught by pep for a couple of years can have a stratospheric elevating of one's reputation in the coaching world.
Piss easy to be head coach elsewhere.
Look at Arteta.
And who wouldn't take that chance to see if you could do it. I would work for Pep for free for 5 years to be given that opportunity.

City are going to be completely different animal next season. With Pep wanting Cucurella you can kinda see how we are evolving as a side. obviously we are a posession based team but I think our counter attacks will be the catalyst to us retaining the league and possibly other trophies next season.

Cucurella is not a inverted fullback he’s an orthodox full back he likes to overlap and be heavily involved in counter attacks. He’s also surprisingly quick. Created 42 chances for Brighton last season mostly from counter attacks where Brighton broke quickly.

I think we will still be a possession based side. thats what prem fans think as well,saying Haaland won’t get space in the box. But other teams do attack us and with Kev , Phil , Grealish, Cucurella (if he signs) , Mahrez, that counter attack is lethal and more potent now with a monster up front in Haaland.

It adds a whole new dimension to us as a side. I reckon the transition from us defending to counter attacking now with Haaland in the team will be lethal all our best creative players now have a target to aim for when we break. Especially against the top 6.

it’s just theory and I know pep likes to keep possession when we counter but now with the big man up top and possibly a full back that can bomb down the left and whip balls in you’ve got two new dangerous weapons.
It would be nice to get a chance to counter with two banks of four in front of us.

If we are looking for a very attacking full back for breaks Raum is quite a bit better than Cucurella at that aspect…pretty much better than everyone in fact.

I always prefer an older keeper as back up
Someone happy to sit on the bench and coach a little
Someone like Foster at Watford that kind of profile
It concerns me when a young keeper comes that they may lack ambition
Yes, I agree. Steffen needs to make a move. Buy back clause and sell on deal. He has real potential and is wasted in cup games only.

Yes, I agree. Stiffen needs to make a move. Buy back clause and sell on deal. He has real potential and is wasted in cup games only.
You question his motivation but how many people now have heard of him, he could get a move out of coming here and sitting on the bench & playing cup games as well as developing as a player. The tricky thing is are there better alternatives out there to replace him? His last game may put people off as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.