It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Since when was transfermarkt an authority on player's values? It's a site edited by football fans, thus I could go on there and say Kev's current value is £40mil; which is obviously ludicrous. Transfermarkt doesn't dictate the value of players.
To counter balance that view, Transfermarkt want to be a plausible website and will try to keep values realistic and change outlandish ones that football fans have jokingly added.

True market value is only known by the clubs involved.

If Barca value him at €80m, they will bid up to that, should their finances allow.

If City value him at £100m, they will reject those offers.

To counter balance that view, Transfermarkt want to be a plausible website and will try to keep values realistic and change outlandish ones that football fans have jokingly added.

True market value is only known by the clubs involved.

If Barca value him at €80m, they will bid up to that, should their finances allow.

If City value him at £100m, they will reject those offers.
This is true, but they are still just a third party, aggregator site. City, as a world class business and organisation, should not be valuing an asset like Bernardo Silva at €80mil. Given his worth to the team and current market dynamics, we're talking at least £100mil.

It's immaterial, because I don't believe the €80mil valuation to be legitimate.

Irrespective of what happens with Sterling absolutely respect the fact he is handling his business largely by himself. Very refreshing in this day and age.

Also completely understand why he would want to leave so he can play more etc but hope we can keep him

It would actually be pretty smart for City to tell Bernardo that his asking price is €80M if they know Barça can't afford it. That way City can say "look, we're not asking a prohibitive amount, if anyone comes in with what is a very reasonable figure then we'll grant you a move" knowing full well that no one can even afford that comparatively low fee

This is true, but they are still just a third party, aggregator site. City, as a world class business and organisation, should not be valuing an asset like Bernardo Silva at €80mil. Given his worth to the team and current market dynamics, we're talking at least £100mil.

It's immaterial, because I don't believe the €80mil valuation to be legitimate.
True, but all clubs value at least some of their players above their market value to dismiss transfer rumours.

Declan Rice is probably not worth £150m in the current market.

West Ham disagree with that as he‘s worth more than market value to them.

There is a Twitter account called "Sterling out of Context" posting clips of his misses in his time with City. There are some absolute horror show misses that even I forgot about. Obviously, that's not the full story, just like his highlights aren't, but it makes for grim viewing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.