It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

I think our fullbacks this year will be Cancelo and Cucurella. They both have very good passing range and delivery, both can overlap and whip incredibly good crosses in for Haaland.

I think our fullbacks this year will be Cancelo and Cucurella. They both have very good passing range and delivery, both can overlap and whip incredibly good crosses in for Haaland.
Haaland isnt a crosses type striker though. Most of his goals at Dortmund came from passing moves through the middle, same as we play now or low balls across the 6 yard box from an underlap same as we play now.
There will be the odd overlapping cross goals too but Haaland fits how we play now and how we played with Aguero . We arent suddely playing like we”ve got Andy Carrol.

My only issue with this is we've nobody there on the right to go around the fullback and put a cross over. Everyone's cutting back inside - Mahrez, Palmer, Foden, Bernardo...

Shame to be one-dimensional when we've finally got a giant striker.

I agree. You only need to look at the first goal in the comeback against villa where sterling beats the fullback to cross it into the box to see how important that can be. We really need a two footed winger on the right hand side.

Cancelo at right back doesn't work, he only plays well on the left and moving central imo.

No chance walker isn't our main right back this season, for me.
cancelo works at right back as long as he is allowed to go forward and overlap. walker is useless against bus parking teams. i bet pep uses cancelo instead of walker in those games so 90% of our games.

Haaland isnt a crosses type striker though. Most of his goals at Dortmund came from passing moves through the middle, same as we play now or low balls across the 6 yard box from an underlap same as we play now.
There will be the odd overlapping cross goals too but Haaland fits how we play now and how we played with Aguero . We arent suddely playing like we”ve got Andy Carrol.
not really. we bought Haaland to give us something new. both and the team will adapt. expect more air crosses this season. Haaland is actually good in the air unlike misconception.

Cancelo at right back doesn't work, he only plays well on the left and moving central imo.

No chance walker isn't our main right back this season, for me.
This is a myth. He works perfectly well at right back. The issue is, is that he isn’t Walker.

For about 10-15 games in a season, we need defensive full backs. This is where Walker should play.

The rest, Cancelo can play.

He looks better at left back as he’s replacing either Mendy or Zinchenko, who aren’t in Walker’s league.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.