It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

That "giant striker" scored 5 of his 28 last season with his head, hardly likely to be looking to cross to his head every attack :)

I'm not advocating we use him like Brian Deane, but it's good to have options and not become predictable.

I know there's ways around it, but if we lose Sterling and Jesus, ideally we'd have a right-footed option available as the wide forward on the right. No idea who though.

Last edited:
not really. we bought Haaland to give us something new. both and the team will adapt. expect more air crosses this season. Haaland is actually good in the air unlike misconception.
He may weLl be good in the air, but he wasn’t used like that at Dortmund, and apart from set peices, I doubt he’ll be used any different than the way we used Aguero, despite the height difference.

I'm not advocating we use him like Brian Dean, but it's good to have options and not become predictable.

I know there's ways around it, but if we lose Sterling and Jesus, ideally we'd have a right-footed option available as the wide forward on the right. No idea who though.
My guess would be the full back. I would expect narrower wide men and wide full backs if we get the left back we want. In much the same way Barcelona under Pep got their width from full backs not wingers.

This is a myth. He works perfectly well at right back. The issue is, is that he isn’t Walker.

For about 10-15 games in a season, we need defensive full backs. This is where Walker should play.

The rest, Cancelo can play.

He looks better at left back as he’s replacing either Mendy or Zinchenko, who aren’t in Walker’s league.

I beg to differ that he looks better than Zinchenko. He looks different.

when he’s at left back it kills the wing build up on that side and we become quite one dimensional for me and it gets easier to nullify the 9.

The villa game was a great example.

I beg to differ that he looks better than Zinchenko. He looks different.

when he’s at left back it kills the wing build up on that side and we become quite one dimensional for me and it gets easier to nullify the 9.

The villa game was a great example.
It depends on how the opposition sets up and where the spaces are. If they are outside, then Zinchenko is a better option of hitting the byline and crossing the ball.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.