It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

I don’t see any chance Tuchel sanctions that deal. James is integral to his system, which relies heavily on wing backs to provide width. Reece James is not easily replaceable. Non starter for me.
Unless of course Chelsea have identified someone just as good if not better than James on the market. I doubt it will happen either though for what it's worth.

I wonder if we'd go in for Kounde again if Ake left, we nearly got him in 2020 and he's available again this summer for around £55m

Dias covering LCB with Laporte

Kounde can cover RB as well.

Would leave us a lot more balanced IMO.

The HG players become a lot less of a concern if Foden and now Palmer are part of the first team squad.

If Ake wants to go as that s how Pep & the club treat players then I'd be happy signing Cucurella as his replacement. We then get an a leftback & Walker could be the 4th cb

Not a snowball's chance in hell such a swap deal happens, anywhere.

No harm in trying but squeezing £50m and £60m out if them for Ake and Sterling respectively is more likely in the end imo.

Even more for Ake mind you, they've no CBs anymore sure

Really??

I think it looks weak and slow in the wide areas
Grealish poor end product from out wide last season.
Alvarez a huge question mark whether he can come in and deliver in the Premier league
Palmer. Huge promise but he has only started one premier league game. Can he deliver week in week out in the PL? We all hope so but it's not certain.

I think we need someone with genuine pace and experience to compete with Mahrez on the right next season.
I'd look at the stats for Grealish if I was you - especially in the last third of the season. They are pretty impressive.

Really??

I think it looks weak and slow in the wide areas
Grealish poor end product from out wide last season.
Alvarez a huge question mark whether he can come in and deliver in the Premier league
Palmer. Huge promise but he has only started one premier league game. Can he deliver week in week out in the PL? We all hope so but it's not certain.

I think we need someone with genuine pace and experience to compete with Mahrez on the right next season.
Grealish and Foden are not slow at all. Haaland is incredibly athletic. Phillips would also free up KDB's defensive duties. Grealish did not have a poor end product - he delivered it on a plate several times. Anyway, the game is about opinions but I am incredibly excited at the prospects ahead of us.

I think some are overestimating the importance of pace in the wide areas.

We've got some of the best creative players in the world in KDB, Foden, Bernardo, Mahrez, Grealish and Palmer (hopefully) and now have the best finisher in the world (hopefully) to put those chances away with another striker who looks promising.

Sterling's pace was important to stretch teams when we didn't have a striker and was playing the false 9, but that's not the case anymore.
It’s been a staple of English football since the 19th Century.

It’s a bit like playing out from the back.

People need to be convinced that it can work and if we don’t win a game, it’s because we’ve got no pace etc.

People need to remember how David Silva always popped up at the byline in the inside left position. He had no pace, but knew when to go.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.