It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Zero sense for them but doesn't make it any less true that City have proposed James.

He knows we have been tracking him for a while.

Proposal probably lives or dies with the player… if James is up for it it could have legs…. From his perspective he will know he wins things at City pretty much guaranteed… Chelsea are more likely a Cup team for the next 3 or 4 years….

I think some are overestimating the importance of pace in the wide areas.

We've got some of the best creative players in the world in KDB, Foden, Bernardo, Mahrez, Grealish and Palmer (hopefully) and now have the best finisher in the world (hopefully) to put those chances away with another striker who looks promising.

Sterling's pace was important to stretch teams when we didn't have a striker and was playing the false 9, but that's not the case anymore.

I think a lot depends on how Pep views Álvarez' PL & CL 'readiness'. If he's convinced, 5 + Palmer will be sufficient, same as it was in the second half of last season, after Torres' departure.

I like Aké, but he was injured when we needed him most, during the run-in. Here, it also depends how Pep views the kids and Phillips' quality as a make-shift CB (see Fernandinho). I would err on the side of buying a replacement should we get a good fee. However, contrary to Jesus & Sterling, Aké has a contract until 2025. We don't need to sell.

Full back is pretty simple, we need one extra. If Zinchenko leaves, we need two additions. I would like to keep him, but wouldn't begrudge him his departure if he insists on it for whatever reason. He earned it.

We've been sniffing around him for a while now and if true show our intentions. We could try and grab him now as doing business with Chelsea but if they are reluctant I could definitely see us going after him in a year or two to eventually replace Walker.
Didn't James turn down or want a new contract at Chelsea a month or so back?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.