It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

We've been sniffing around him for a while now and if true show our intentions. We could try and grab him now as doing business with Chelsea but if they are reluctant I could definitely see us going after him in a year or two to eventually replace Walker.
Sniffing- Fun fact: According to a mate of mine (for real this time) a lot of strip clubs have a "no sniffing" policy. He was once literally thrown out of one such club because one of the dancers accused him of sniffing her.

I think some are overestimating the importance of pace in the wide areas.

We've got some of the best creative players in the world in KDB, Foden, Bernardo, Mahrez, Grealish and Palmer (hopefully) and now have the best finisher in the world (hopefully) to put those chances away with another striker who looks promising.

Sterling's pace was important to stretch teams when we didn't have a striker and was playing the false 9, but that's not the case anymore.
Agreed. In addition, it's easy to remember all the games where Sterling was completely ineffective, as his pace was nullified by teams sitting deep.

Creativity/Brain > Pace

Obviously you can't have too many players with no pace, but Foden, Haaland, Alvarez, KDB and Grealish clearly don't fall into that category.

Again I’d probably say I’m in the minority and I wouldn’t want James coming in. The reason being Walker and Cancelo are both world class players and can cover the position, now after that we have Yan Couto who is a rb and was on loan at braga. He’s been nominated for the golden boy and is meant to be incredibly talented. Then we also have Kabore the rb at Troyes who has shone in the African cup of nations and been linked to Forest on loan.

I would much prefer us saving some money and slowly integrating these exceptional talents.

Like Tolmie has mentioned these departures haven’t significantly hurt our first eleven. So now is the time for the youth evolution!
Walker & James at rb
Cancelo & Cucurella at lb

Walker although he hasn't lost his pace is coming to the twilight of his career so when he retires Couto would be his natural replacement

Was the accusation justified?
Can't say for certain. He swears up and down it was not. According to him, he was crying out "I didn't sniff, there was no sniffing!" as a bouncer picked him up and carried him to the door.

He really loves strip clubs so I'd guess he would not want to break the rules and become persona non grata at one he enjoys attending.

I think we have one eye on Walker's contract situation, in relation to his age and wages, going forward.

Probably more likely we are putting down a marker with Chelsea if they don't sort his wages out, or we get a heads-up.

Chelsea have plenty to do, but clubs have got lucky before when they have thrown a name into the conversation.
United and Cantona springs to mind

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.