It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

I think some of the concern that other clubs can just walk away with our players comes from Pep’s statement that every player can go under certain circumstances. I think it’s spooked us and we are imagining the worst scenario.

I think the cold reality is different and not as black and white. Let’s take the current BM worry over Bernardo as an example. Bernardo would probably like to go to Barca if they could afford him, which they currently can’t. Bernardo was also unhappy in lockdown. That doesn’t translate to he is still unhappy and will go anywhere sunny. He is, by most accounts, much happier here.

So he might be saying, in an ideal World playing for Barca would be nice, but I don’t think that means he is desperate to leave City. Nor does it mean City will let Bernardo go. Having a preference isn’t unhappy…not black and white.

Sterling and Jesus had different contractual situations to Bernardo.

City’s transfer policy is confusing this window but they haven’t gone insane. It’s difficult to ignore the Barca press and our own sometimes but we have to believe we still know what we are doing.

As you say, "the right money"...Barca wont have the cash for £80m (which should be our minimum valuation of him) and who else is going to have that.....The only other ones are Madrid as I cant see him going to the German league and I highly doubt anyone from the prem will pay that amount and even if they would his reasons for leaving would be to go back to Spain so again it aint happening.

If he doesnt sign a new contract he will go in 2 years on a free.....or when in his last year we will do what we are doing with Sterlnig now.
His contract expires 2025 that’s 3 years and he’ll go on a free. He’s also going to be 30 when his contract expires so yes while I want to keep him for longer. Losing him at at a free and having him for his prime years is fine by me especially with Barca’s dirt cheap offers

This does seem like it could be more and more of an overhaul this summer than I thought we'd do

But my main takeaway from that is that Pep is staying, the club are so well run from top to bottom that i cant imagine a scenario where they overhaul the squad, a title winning squad, for a manager who may be gone come the end of the year

His contract expires 2025 that’s 3 years and he’ll go on a free. He’s also going to be 30 when his contract expires so yes while I want to keep him for longer. Losing him at at a free and having him for his prime years is fine by me especially with Barca’s dirt cheap offers
thanks....wasnt sure if it was 2 or 3 years

So, you're assuming they've insisted on a higher buy back?

It's just my assumption, not that i know anything about the deal but based on how City perceived Lavia as highly rated that potentially could become a world class DM. I assume Southampton will insist a high price buy back option for this world class dm in term of potential.

I think some of the concern that other clubs can just walk away with our players comes from Pep’s statement that every player can go under certain circumstances. I think it’s spooked us and we are imagining the worst scenario.

I think the cold reality is different and not as black and white. Let’s take the current BM worry over Bernardo as an example. Bernardo would probably like to go to Barca if they could afford him, which they currently can’t. Bernardo was also unhappy in lockdown. That doesn’t translate to he is still unhappy and will go anywhere sunny. He is, by most accounts, much happier here.

So he might be saying, in an ideal World playing for Barca would be nice, but I don’t think that means he is desperate to leave City. Nor does it mean City will let Bernardo go. Having a preference isn’t unhappy…not black and white.

Sterling and Jesus had different contractual situations to Bernardo.

City’s transfer policy is confusing this window but they haven’t gone insane. It’s difficult to ignore the Barca press and our own sometimes but we have to believe we still know what we are doing.

Fair post although I'm not sure exactly why it needed spelling out,what Pep has said players wanting to leave can do so, providing the deal meets City's requirements.

Barca or any other club can propose what they want , at whatever amounts they want, but if it does not meet our valuation then there will be no deal.

Barca and their hanger on chancers can basically pay up or fuck off - how difficult is that to understand ?

No worries brother. The media and especially Barcelona fans forget that. 3 years is a hella long time in a contract duration. They believe cause they got Torres with his contract years left that they can do the same with Bernie. They paid £55 million albeit in installments for him and I feel like we rinsed them. They will have to pay around the same markup for Bernie who actually is integral to our team. €100mil/ £85 mil to start talking and that might not even be the final what gets it across the line

It's just my assumption, not that i know anything about the deal but based on how City perceived Lavia as highly rated that potentially could become a world class DM. I assume Southampton will insist a high price buy back option for this world class dm in term of potential.
Fair enough - it's just that you put down Villa's negotiating team on the basis of your assumption being fact

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.