It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

I actually find myself quite fine with not replacing Raz immediately. I'm sure we'll go for Leao or Nkunku or someone next summer, but for this season, I think it's fine to have Mahrez / Foden / Palmer / Bernardo rotating on the right.

I wouldn't be surprised if "Grealish - Haaland - Foden" was our most common front-three next season, or at least second only to "Foden - Haaland - Mahrez". I don't think Alvarez will play on the wing and I don't think Palmer will play quite as much as some people seem to have their eyes set on. Mahrez and Foden and Bernardo will be preferred, I think.

I’m fine with us not signing a winger but if Ake leaves we will need a replacement CB.

For the ones that say we won’t three is enough with Stones,Laporte and Dias.

Your missing the details that Laporte has knee Issues and does get knocks and little injuries he ended last season with an injury.

Stones gets injuries / knocks throughout a season and struggles to keep fit.

Dias really is the only one that can stay fit for an entire season, he got a little injury last year but other than that he’s been fit and ready to go.

Add the World Cup, International football and cup competitions three is not enough.

We've got Foden/Grealish on the left & Mahrez/Cole on the right so I get not buying another wide man. I'd have loved Sterling to re-sign and stay but I see why City think they have the numbers they need in that role.

Like others, I'm more worried about attacking central midfielders from next season..... so would've loved to see us add there now as it seems to take 6+ months to settle in attacking players.
Next season Gundogan is gone, Silva almost certainly gone (3 summers on trot he's wanted away so.....) & KDB will be 32.
I don't see the numbers we need in that position

This. People are forgetting Pep is willing to let Sterling go. He would’ve kept him as a squad player, but the truth is Sterling played a lot games less last season, and he brought in Alvarez to bolster the attack. That should show everyone where this is going. He is sick and tired of Sterling freezing time and time again in front of a keeper, stopping promising counter attacks and his absolutely awful finishing. It’s laughable he has made so much money week in, week out, despite all of this. Pep and the City board finally came to their senses, but it took them long enough. This is an upgrade to our team, absolutely no doubt about it.
congratulations .
it usually takes much longer than 3 days before someone posts a load of absolute bollocks.

because pep is willing to let go sterling and have alvarez instead. that should say it really.
Pep is not willing to let go of sterling though, sterling is just leaving, it is better we don’t start creating false theories here.
In an ideal world, we would have liked to keep Sterling and Jesus but the players feel it is best for a new start and we are getting the most we can for them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.