It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

We've got Foden/Grealish on the left & Mahrez/Cole on the right so I get not buying another wide man. I'd have loved Sterling to re-sign and stay but I see why City think they have the numbers they need in that role.

Like others, I'm more worried about attacking central midfielders from next season..... so would've loved to see us add there now as it seems to take 6+ months to settle in attacking players.
Next season Gundogan is gone, Silva almost certainly gone (3 summers on trot he's wanted away so.....) & KDB will be 32.
I don't see the numbers we need in that position
Gundo will be replaced with Bellingham
Bernardo won’t go
KDB will be OK still
McAtee will step up

I wish Raz the best for what he has done for us but he is not the same bracket as Vinnie,Aguero,Ferna,Yaya and Silva cz he never had a real connection with us the fans and the club he is a great player but not a club legend in my books.

@mancity currently has no plans to replace Raheem Sterling, but will look to replace Nathan Ake if he decides to leave.

(via @polballus )

Bad news.
Sterling, Fernandinho, Steffen & Jesus out, Haaland, Phillips, Ortega & Alvarez in. I'm happy with that trade. If we can add Cucurella as well to finally replace the one who should not be mentioned, we definitely look stronger than last year in all parts of the team. With that said, I wouldnt mind a surprise signing of Bellingham or an exiting winger.

Why is everyone so obsessed with pace? The way teams sit so deep against us pace is not really a weapon we can use. Our team will be alot more about skill and guile to open teams up
You still need a bit of pace around the side. We do get quite a few counter attack situations that last year I think we fail to capatalise on due to there being a lack of pace up top.

Also you need that little burst of speed in and around the box to create those spaces and get defenders heading back to their own goal.

My view is that we should be prioritising a replacement for Sterling/Jesus over a 4th choice centre back if Ake leaves. Keeping 4 centre backs happy is very difficult. They tend not to be rotated or subbed off as much as a forward or wide player.

I 100% agree, but I think we need someone to rotate with him on the right who can offer us real game-breaking speed, and something a little different from what he is.

I think the decision to hedge our bets on a kid who has played just over 122 minutes of premier league football is a mistake. I think he needs another year, where he is a development prospect. I think he can start some games, but more like Foden in 18/19. He should be regularly around the first-team squad, and on the bench consistently and we can give him time when it is right, and he can start 4-5 games when it tactically suits us. But he should not be in the conversation for rotating with Mahrez and starting 15-16 games a year.
I believe Foden will play on the right occasionally. We have to remember that he played a lot of games as the false 9 and won't need to much anymore. I don't think he will exclusively play on the left.

I’m fine with us not signing a winger but if Ake leaves we will need a replacement CB.

For the ones that say we won’t three is enough with Stones,Laporte and Dias.

Your missing the details that Laporte has knee Issues and does get knocks and little injuries he ended last season with an injury.

Stones gets injuries / knocks throughout a season and struggles to keep fit.

Dias really is the only one that can stay fit for an entire season, he got a little injury last year but other than that he’s been fit and ready to go.

Add the World Cup, International football and cup competitions three is not enough.
Let the management worry about Squad depth & replacements .
Surely they have got a plan & we will be sorted for the start of the season.

People on here act like Mahrez isn’t a crucial player for us (not aiming this at you) . The disrespect he gets is ridiculous when last season he was our best winger/attacker. Mahrez is a main stay in that front three.
Some fans feel Mahrez is lazy and sometimes selfish, not a view I hold a haten to add. He was brilliant last season and I hope he can maintain those levels next season, especially in terms of goals scored.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.