It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

You still need a bit of pace around the side. We do get quite a few counter attack situations that last year I think we fail to capatalise on due to there being a lack of pace up top.

Also you need that little burst of speed in and around the box to create those spaces and get defenders heading back to their own goal.

My view is that we should be prioritising a replacement for Sterling/Jesus over a 4th choice centre back if Ake leaves. Keeping 4 centre backs happy is very difficult. They tend not to be rotated or subbed off as much as a forward or wide player.
Alvarez halland and foden all have that burst of pace I don't see it as the big worry as some do. Imho

Pace counted against Villa last game of the season.
Did it really though, in the cold light of day? It was a drop of the shoulder and a cut back from the end line, massively important goal but when you look at the goal in its own rite, it was a fairly simple one and I personally don't think it relied on rapid pace or genius, just shifting the defenders direction and we've plenty of people who can do that.

Did it really though, in the cold light of day? It was a drop of the shoulder and a cut back from the end line, massively important goal but when you look at the goal in its own rite, it was a fairly simple one and I personally don't think it relied on rapid pace or genius, just shifting the defenders direction and we've plenty of people who can do that.
Yes, wasn’t pace, maybe acceleration over a couple of yards but like you say I think Foden or even KDB could do that. If we do replace Sterling there are a lot of qualities we’ll look for I doubt raw pace will be one.

I agree with this. Sterling did great and it was a pin point cross, but are many times a high cross from the byline gets headed away just as easily. The same could be said about Rodri's goal. Great goal, but you don't rely on those going in all the time. Good crosses can be achieved in different ways.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.