It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

bell_mcfc

Remind me again, we paid £100m for Grealish and plenty have already decided he's not a replacement for Sterling?

I think Jackie boy is about to show people who he really is with a title medal now in his pocket.
Completely agree with this. Always backed Grealish to step up this year but really do now. I’m all up for Foden and Grealish both starting, it will cause chaos.

samuelyeboah

Team supported
Manchester City
Highest number of expected assists from open play last season. Now he has a couple of strikers with him who can put the ball in the net. Outside prediction for me is he breaks the assists record this season.
according to this site he's had an "expected assist" value of 5 assists, 6th in city overall after KDB, foden, bernardo, cancelo and jesus

Mancini’s Pastilles

Team supported
Manchester City
So Haaland, Alvarez and Palmer are a downgrade? Are you also ignoring the chance for Phillips to release Foden and/or KDB to play immediately behind Haaland or Alvarez too.
If you have no idea how he will adapt, how is it a huge downgrade?
Let's wait and see how much of Alvarez have you seen besides you tube?

DeBlueLou

Remind me again, we paid £100m for Grealish and plenty have already decided he's not a replacement for Sterling?

I think Jackie boy is about to show people who he really is with a title medal now in his pocket.
And we have to accept that Grealish Foden Mahrez Palmer, and even Alvarez and Bernardo are options there. Probably someone could come up from the youth and push that spot.

Raz and Jesus departures should motivate the youngsters to push themselves to take it.

Maly

Busy Managing my other love - High Lane FC
Thanks for recognizing my superior knowledge internet person. I think you will do well in life. you seem to have a good knack for spotting superior talents. well done
There’s a wonderful phrase I think you should try to adhere to “It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt”

oldius

Let's wait and see how much of Alvarez have you seen besides you tube?
That's my point: we don't know if it is an upgrade or a downgrade. All players need time to adapt but it is also true that Raz had become less of a focus within the team and I respect the management team enough to know when it is time to refresh.

The Pandorica Opened

Team supported
Manchester City
Haaland/Alvarez up top as options (we can also still play false nine when Pep feels it's the best option), with Grealish/Foden/Mahrez/Bernie/Palmer rotating across the wings can't be seen as anything but an excellent attack.

The only thing we've lost is that wide, high, fast type of winger who can just toast full backs / CBs with a fast move, but I think we make up for that in more consistent chance-taking, plus the likes of Cucurella/Cancelo who will hopefully arrive and provide width. Plus, Grealish - Haaland - Foden wouldn't be exactly a slow front three, either.

Don't have an account?

Register now!
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.