It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

It did initally work and at Barcelona Mascherano had a successful second career as a CB.
It worked in Spain, yes.

It didn’t work here as Liverpool won the league by 20 odd points.

We didn’t trial it for as long last season and ditched it altogether at half time against Villa in May.

It worked in Spain, yes.

It didn’t work here as Liverpool won the league by 20 odd points.

We didn’t trial it for as long last season and ditched it altogether at half time against Villa in May.
We used did use it more in an emergency than as a viable option and I wouldn't pick him ahead of our current CB's (only in an injury crisis) and for me it served it purpose.

As cover he was decent (although in his last season he was). Bringing in an extra expensive CB signing (who would still need time to adapt) would be pointless given who we have currently have.
Not remotely decent at CB...we need to keep it real...

Not remotely decent at CB...we need to keep it real...
I am keeping it real he was decent enough for what was a 4th choice CB spot; although in the end we needed to sign Ake in 2020. This time around there isn't an Ake available.

This might sound weird coming from a City fan, but I’m so pleased we are finally free of Raheem Sterling. He has made me so fucking frustrated since his arrival. He’s done great things for us but as a 27-old, and should be at the peak of his career, if Pep is willing to part ways with him at this moment in time, it means he doesn’t believe in him and that we will do better with our new arrivals.

I’m very happy. Finally. I’ve been waiting for this day for years.
Sound like a brexiteer in that post.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.