It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Is that after losing the league by 20 points due to our lack of centre halves?
Yes in the long term it wasn't good and it was down to Vincent Kompany's departure (it looked like we were banking one more year from Vinny). Although in that season we didn't concede many more than Liverpool.

bottom line is we're going to need (and we will) to replace ake, and that's that

It’s a damn shame losing Aké. He did so well against Atletico Madrid and other good teams this season. It’s hard finding a centreback as good as he is, playing so little. I’d hate to lose him.

So we were slow in replacing a centre back and tried to rely on a midfielder.

It didn't work then, so I assume it won’t be tried again.
If Pep thinks its neccessary he will do it. Liverpool knew how to grind out results in that season hence the points gap. We scored more than them that season and only conceded 2 more

What are we debating?...we did have 4 CBs last season and still wound up playing both Dinho and Rodri there in enormous games including with the title on the line...not ideal in the least...now some are advocating we go with 3...why? we have the resources, draw and everything we need to replace Ake...its a no brainer...why would a great side like ours who spares no expense in every single facet both on the field and off needlessly handicap ourselves by going that lean at CB?...for what reason exactly...and please don't anyone say to save a few bucks...

bottom line is we're going to need (and we will) to replace ake, and that's that
Spot on.

Imagine people thinking that all this stuff has just crept up on the club and they haven’t been planning their moves for a few months now.

Our board are done with this summer and already plans made for next

What are we debating?...we did have 4 CBs last season and still wound up playing both Dinho and Rodri there in enormous games including with the title on the line...not ideal in the least...now some are advocating we go with 3...why? we have the resources, draw and everything we need to replace Ake...its a no brainer...why would a great side like ours who spares no expense in every single facet both on the field and off needlessly handicap ourselves by going that lean at CB?...for what reason exactly...and please don't anyone say to save a few bucks...
Pretty much, although I don’t think Rodri had to drop back, which he would have done had we only had 3 senior centre halves.

I am keeping it real he was decent enough for what was a 4th choice CB spot; although in the end we needed to sign Ake in 2020. This time around there isn't an Ake available.
Sorry Ray, but there's absolutely no good reason not to replace Ake if he leaves...ZERO!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.