It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

I’m not sure where you’re getting this ‘very clear’ position from. I’ve seen nothing credible to suggest that’s the approach we’re taking.

Ake didn’t get the minutes because he’s Ake - he simply wasn’t as good as the other three when they were available.

We sign a different player - it’s a different situation.

This is an opportunity to strengthen our position at the back, which I’m sure is how City will be viewing it - not to simply recreate the status quo.

I would hope players of the quality and mentality of Kounde and Gvardiol would see this as an incredible opportunity and back themselves to start - not come in accepting being 4th choice.
alright we're not gonna agree here all i'll say is I think your expectations here are way way way off the mark

This is all getting done extremely early. Hopefully the final 6 weeks can be full of exciting rumours and obscure music videos
The world cup in November/ December is a major contributor. Dont have the time to bed a player in if we sign them late in the window like when we signed Diaz

Whatever you think we *need*, it's very clear that when Ake is replaced, it'll be with a cheaper player who's happy to take ake's minutes. Dias, stones and laporte had injuries last season, and still Ake didn't get that many minutes, certainly not minutes that someone like Kounde/Gvardiol would be happy with, and all I am saying is don't expect players of that ilk.

In what way is that clear? Was Laporte signes to settle for 4th choice and limited minutes behind stones ota vince and mangala? Were dias or ake signed to be 4th choice behind the players already there. Was Grealish signed to be 7th or 8th choice because we already had good top players in the squad, or Alvarez to be 4th choice behind Gabi Raz and Mahrez? It is anything But clear.

well looks like @93:20Blue was spot on again....said 3 players were London bound....he nailed it if Ake does go..which seems highly likely

I personally think we do need a replacement. Im also of the opinion that the very best teams should be always looking to improve and going for someone inferior and who is happy as 4th choice isnt where we should be aiming...

Laporte has his moments where his form drops and Stones struggles for any consistency in playing time due to his injuries. A top class pro would/should see that as an opportunity to make themselves first choice....and for a team who is regularly challenging for (and winning) the top honours.

I dont agree with the idea we are fine as Rodri can cover there....yes he can but his possibly only weakness is his turn of pace when turning to run back towards his own goal.....As good as a player Ferna was we saw how he struggled at times and Rodri would be no different in that respect

Last edited:
In what way is that clear? Was Laporte signes to settle for 4th choice and limited minutes behind stones ota vince and mangala? Were dias or ake signed to be 4th choice behind the players already there. Was Grealish signed to be 7th or 8th choice because we already had good top players in the squad, or Alvarez to be 4th choice behind Gabi Raz and Mahrez? It is anything But clear.
Laporte was signed amidst a CB crisis when we had 2 fit CB's one of which was a shaky otamendi, he was explicitly signed to be a starter (and he was).
Dias was signed to be 1st choice to play alongside laporte after a dreadful season where we had stones and fernandinho.
Ake was signed to be 4th choice, explicitly, and that's exactly what he was.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.