It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Is Umtiti any good? I think he had a big reputation a few years ago but now appears to want out of Barcelona.

Hard to say...did City know he wouldn't accept the amount they were offering all along?...I suppose if he would have taken it they would be OK with it...but based on his projected role going forward and his current place on the team he was never going to get the numbers he was looking for, let alone a guarantee regarding playing time...that said, good luck Raz...but I believe we made out big time...
It is;’t hard to say, they offered what would. Have been a big contract, they would hardly do that if they did;’t think he’d be a valuable player. That would be stupid to risk being left with a player on a long expensive contract taking up a squad place that the club didn’t think was that good. The club aren’t stupid so they wanted him to stay and they wanted him because they valued him, as they should.
I don’t know whether we will replace him but to get the same quality will cost a lot more than £50 mill.

We we’re unlucky. Liverpool went the whole season with VVD and their other centre half.

We’ll be alright with 3 world class centre halfs.

No other PL team has got 3 better centre halfs. Remember that.
Well last season if we didn't have 4 we'd have probably lost the league. By the last month of the season we had one half fit CB (Laporte) and Fernandinho. Without Laporte I don't think we'd have got over the line.

It is;’t hard to say, they offered what would. Have been a big contract, they would hardly do that if they did;’t think he’d be a valuable player. That would be stupid to risk being left with a player on a long expensive contract taking up a squad place that the club didn’t think was that good. The club aren’t stupid so they wanted him to stay and they wanted him because they valued him, as they should.
I don’t know whether we will replace him but to get the same quality will cost a lot more than £50 mill.
I'm positive if we choose to go down the path of replacement,which,with Palmer and Alvarez,along with Grealish,i'm thinking we wont,then a player with more hunger,consistency and technical ability can be found for less than 50m and certainly much less than 300k a week.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.