It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Laporte was signed amidst a CB crisis when we had 2 fit CB's one of which was a shaky otamendi, he was explicitly signed to be a starter (and he was).
Dias was signed to be 1st choice to play alongside laporte after a dreadful season where we had stones and fernandinho.
Ake was signed to be 4th choice, explicitly, and that's exactly what he was.
Ake wasnt signed as a 4th choice defender.He signed not long after Bournemouth were confirmed as relegated., around the beginning of August Garcia announced publicly he wasn't signing a new contract & we signed Dias at the end of the transfer window.
Thank fook Garcia wanted to go back to Barca otherwise we might not of signed Ruben

Pep has previously said that zinchenko's lack of pace stops him from playing left wing for us.
Unless he has been doing lots of speed work it pep is planning a change in system, I can't see him playing further forward too often.

Well as it stands with Sterling gone we can only buy 2 and I assume one place is earmarked for the left back. I doubt very much now though we are replacing Sterling so we may be one short but if Pep trusts Palmer that’s fine by me.
Alvarez can play wide if need be so depends how fast he settles in, Palmer is looking very good, some people think he will be better than Foden eventually. my main worry is our CB's if Ake goes, Laporte and Stones get injured alot and dont want a repeat of the end of last season having to play a midfielder at CB because they was all injured, hopefully Ake stays but looking like he's off

Ake wasnt signed as a 4th choice defender.He signed not long after Bournemouth were confirmed as relegated., around the beginning of August Garcia announced publicly he wasn't signing a new contract & we signed Dias at the end of the transfer window.
Thank fook Garcia wanted to go back to Barca otherwise we might not of signed Ruben
So we signed Ake as 4th choice BEFORE we signed Dias?

Alvarez can play wide if need be so depends how fast he settles in, Palmer is looking very good, some people think he will be better than Foden eventually. my main worry is our CB's if Ake goes, Laporte and Stones get injured alot and dont want a repeat of the end of last season having to play a midfielder at CB because they was all injured, hopefully Ake stays but looking like he's off
Yes but nobody has said he woulnt be replaced thats if he goes.

I’m not sure where you’re getting this ‘very clear’ position from. I’ve seen nothing credible to suggest that’s the approach we’re taking.

Ake didn’t get the minutes because he’s Ake - he simply wasn’t as good as the other three when they were available.

We sign a different player - it’s a different situation.

This is an opportunity to strengthen our position at the back, which I’m sure is how City will be viewing it - not to simply recreate the status quo.

I would hope players of the quality and mentality of Kounde and Gvardiol would see this as an incredible opportunity and back themselves to start - not come in accepting being 4th choice.
Excellent post mate.

Top last season bud.

Edit: in fact we've been 1st, 1st, 1st, 3rd, 1st in the last 5 seasons.
Most interesting stat for me is 'Big Chances Missed', with City again top of the table. Imagine how we'll destroy teams this coming season with a deadly finisher like the boy Haaland in our ranks. That's not to mention Alvarez who also strengthens the forward line massively.

Does the job advert specify that, 4th choice CB - no chance of progression or meaningful involvement.

Jack Grealish didn't have an issue signing on as 8th choice attacking midfielder, bless him.
He didn't have the World Cup to contend with in his first season or having to adjust to life in another country

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.