It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

I wouldn’t want to lose zinc
Would be sad to see him go. He is part of the club.
Gets on with it. Never causes any issues. He is a fighter for sure.
He is our Ukrainian!!!!
He would be missed but such is nature of football now. Moves fast and so do the players. A squad refresh of this sort was always going to happen

Looks odd from the outside looking in. You’d expect the squad to grow considering the new five subs rule. I think increasing the quality of the best 11 players is important for progression in the Champions League, but I’m hoping that it doesn’t come at the cost of reduced depth. That would surely hurt us in the domestic competitions. I’m most concerned about not replacing Sterling, as I think that could prove a very costly mistake. Bernardo or Mahrez having a poor season, or suffering injuries, could derail us.
Julian Alvarez and Haaland is Sterling's replacement and there is no reason why they both can't settle quickly.

How do you know this? Genuinely amazes me how much people know about other clubs' players. Particularly ones like Liepzig, outwith the PL.
When we are linked I Google them if I haven’t seen them too much then have a look at Whoscored.com and transfermarkt for basic info.

I bet there are a few on here that do similar.

anyone think we have a worldie on the way in?? Felix maybe? I know players like zinny are deemed fringe players but we seem to be thinning the squad in thewrong year with most of our squad at the world cup?

No.

We already got a worldie in Haaland.

Will most likely be replacements for Zinc and Ake if they leave.

Looks odd from the outside looking in. You’d expect the squad to grow considering the new five subs rule. I think increasing the quality of the best 11 players is important for progression in the Champions League, but I’m hoping that it doesn’t come at the cost of reduced depth. That would surely hurt us in the domestic competitions. I’m most concerned about not replacing Sterling, as I think that could prove a very costly mistake. Bernardo or Mahrez having a poor season, or suffering injuries, could derail us.
Forwards are the least of our worries IMO, we have plenty of adaptable players, we’ve lost 2 but added 2 from last season one definitely an improvement, the other we don’t know yet. We were okay for depth last season until we ran out of defenders at the end. I expect out numbers in defence to be up on last years or the same at least.

How do you know this? Genuinely amazes me how much people know about other clubs' players. Particularly ones like Liepzig, outwith the PL.
Gvardiol is one of the hottest properties in Europe at just 20 having the season he's had. It's not crazy that plenty know about him. I get what you mean in terms of coming across with certain names and knowledge on them but he's too popular, if it was another player maybe would apply.

Cancelo looks to have taken number 7. Could just be the 2 has fallen off.

Attachments

• 20220714_172256.jpg
    20220714_172256.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.