It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

When he said Haaland was bang on last summer after the Kane deal fell through it wasn't really out there in a serious capacity for a good while and even then it was a will he won't be situation.

The magic of ITKs is when they're right they get the credit and when they're wrong they have nothing to lose. If the Neymar stuff turns out to be wrong, very few on here will still remember it the next time he comes out with something cryptic. Then we're told "it's all just a bit of fun", whatever that means.

Disagree Stones and Ake are centre halves and might be needed there. That leaves 3 as Cancelo can’t play both left and right back at the same time. This is how we got into a defensive mess towards the end of last season. Once you start moving people around holes just appear elsewhere.
*Might*

But you've also got Phillips, who can drop back into defence - he's played there quite a few times. Ake got plaudits at LB last season, and Stones is comfortable at RB. If we sign Cucurella, he's played CB, LB, LWB, and that gives us eight players who can play in defence, without a major drop off in quality. We're way ahead of the season where Laporte got injured. With Phillips in for Fernandinho and potentially Cucurella in for Zinchenko we've got more cover than last season too.

Even so, last season was crazy at the end, but we had Walker, Stones, Dias, Laporte, Ake all carrying injuries. Cancelo banned for the firs leg v Madrid, and Fernandinho suggesting we replace him with a kid as he struggled to cope as a replacement. Not sure you can genuinely plan for that.

City do work to a budget, and having a smaller squad of versatile, but highest quality players, is the way Pep has gone. Liverpool had half a dozen players sitting on the bench, but their compromise was having a definite first team, with a bigger drop off.

The magic of ITKs is when they're right they get the credit and when they're wrong they have nothing to lose. If the Neymar stuff turns out to be wrong, very few on here will still remember it the next time he comes out with something cryptic. Then we're told "it's all just a bit of fun", whatever that means.
It is just fun though. We get names, we get all excited, we track planes. Better this than the fucking Tory leadership race

Neymar’s name wasn’t mentioned by the ITK tho…

My thoughts:
Yesterday Ake was a shit **** who would be no loss to the team. Today I think he’s a world class defender who would stroll into any team in the world.
If Neymar joins I’ve always admired his great skill and he’s in the top 5 players in the world. If he doesn’t join he’s a diving, cheating injured ridden past it ****.

*Might*

But you've also got Phillips, who can drop back into defence - he's played there quite a few times. Ake got plaudits at LB last season, and Stones is comfortable at RB. If we sign Cucurella, he's played CB, LB, LWB, and that gives us eight players who can play in defence, without a major drop off in quality. We're way ahead of the season where Laporte got injured. With Phillips in for Fernandinho and potentially Cucurella in for Zinchenko we've got more cover than last season too.

Even so, last season was crazy at the end, but we had Walker, Stones, Dias, Laporte, Ake all carrying injuries. Cancelo banned for the firs leg v Madrid, and Fernandinho suggesting we replace him with a kid as he struggled to cope as a replacement. Not sure you can genuinely plan for that.

City do work to a budget, and having a smaller squad of versatile, but highest quality players, is the way Pep has gone. Liverpool had half a dozen players sitting on the bench, but their compromise was having a definite first team, with a bigger drop off.
Good points but I still disagree. We have a small squad already 4 full backs are required for me. Plus all the chat seemed to be saying Cuc was coming whether Zin left or not implying there would be 4 full backs. I don’t think that plan has changed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.