It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

I didn't say palmer is *better* than saka, I said I believe he is a better talent than saka, which is very much different. you're arguing against something I never said.

But he said Saka was better first, to which you responded to with Palmer is a better talent, so you are the one arguing something nobody said.

It is undebatable that Saka is better than Palmer. Who might be the better player in the future, who knows.

If Saka was brought in (not that I want him really), he would be part of the first team next season, in a similar way Sane and Jesus were when they came. Lets see what role Palmer gets.

We share similar opinions. He looks good, I like him as a player and I'm sure he's going to have a great career. I just haven't seen anything to suggest he's going to be the level we would need of a constant starter and I'm unsure what others are seeing from him.

When Palmer has got 30+ games for City, then I think that is the time to have that conversation but as of now, comparing him to someone like Saka or others like you mention is bonkers. You can't praise players for something that they've not done.

Convinced you're wrong on this. I'm also convinced Palmer has easily the potential to reach Mahrez's level for example. I've seen him absolutely take the piss at youth level to an extent that's almost rare. The fact that he's also scored and assisted quite easily for the first team, despite being so young, shows just how talented he is IMO.

Office full of Villa & Dipper fans, all laughing about the rumours of Neymar signing for us.
Every one of the fuckers had comments along the line of " great, hope he signs for you".
Not rated by many anymore

Why would you listen to a single thing Liverpool or Villa fans say?

Can you explain based on this:

1. His lack of appearances for City
2. Why Gordon is ahead of him at international level

In fact Gordon is a good example. He and Palmer are around the same level, with the obvious caveat that people develop differently to be acknowledged.

Do you think if Gordon was in our youth system then you'd believe the same about him?
1. He's been injured
2. Because Gordon has had more playtime due to not being injured and playing for a team that isn't chasing every trophy.

He'll get his minutes this season I'm sure.

Palmer looks like won't be good enough to play for us in future, which is no insult to him. Saying he's not going to be one of the top 5 in his position in world football isn't an insult. Or he might become great after a couple hundred Prem games or so and develop late. But he's not currently good enough to slot into our team and the fact that some of you are using Palmer who has played maybe 1 proper senior competitive game in his pro career against Everton and was out of position, to someone like Saka who has 20 England caps, 100 PL games and was playing in a Euros recently is absolutely bonkers. Playing against Burnley/coming on while 3-0 up is not experience you can judge off and even if it was, he's played about 4 or 5 times doing that. He was great in the Carabao against League One sides - again not something you can really judge on. So frankly I have absolutely no idea what some of you are using to get so carried away with him.

I've been watching since he was 15. He's good, I like him, I think he can be a good squad player for us. He's not world class and I don't see any particular signs that that is something that will develop. He reminds me of a lot of Barcelona youth players who were going to be world class until they left Pep and ended up at Stoke. He's better than Stoke but I don't see him in that elite level talent and I'm not sure why anybody does apart from wild optimism or misunderstanding the standard of the PL2.

Smith-Rowe is going to be better than both of them put together but as a friend of mine says, y'all ain't ready for that conversation yet.

England caps don't hold much value, and if Palmer and Saka were at each other's clubs, the difference in apps would be similar.

Saka would be a good attacking LB for us, but he lacks that special sauce to be a main forward at our level.

oh you are not going to be a very liked person with that opinion. But kinda agree I’ve seen on here and online so many fans hyping Palmer up as this world class talent that can replace Sterling and Jesus, even people saying if Mahrez left he could replace him.

Possibly because hes a Manchester lad and people want him to be the next big thing and to have two Manchester city players from Manchester in the starting line up is what every city fan wants.

But honestly I think we are overhyping him because of that, he hasn’t played many at senior level yet to make wide assumptions saying he can replace seasoned pros who have scored loads of goals for us is ludicrous. When there’s no evidence apart from bit part appearances. It’s kinda like how the rags used to overhype their talent. Like there are some fans that are saying he’s better than Pedri and Gavi. When he’s hardly played first team football

This is pretty much my opinion: bags of talent and I'm full of hope that he can convert it into a great career for City. The expectation that some people are putting on him is far too high though. Even if he follows Phil's trajectory, he probably won't be a game changer next season

But he said Saka was better first, to which you responded to with Palmer is a better talent, so you are the one arguing something nobody said.

It is undebatable that Saka is better than Palmer. Who might be the better player in the future, who knows.

If Saka was brought in (not that I want him really), he would be part of the first team next season, in a similar way Sane and Jesus were when they came. Lets see what role Palmer gets.
He said smith Rowe will be better than him so he was definitely making the case he's not that big a talent.

I think Palmer COULD end up being a hell of a player in time, he's not ready yet though for anything more than being a bit part player imo

Office full of Villa & Dipper fans, all laughing about the rumours of Neymar signing for us.
Every one of the fuckers had comments along the line of " great, hope he signs for you".
Not rated by many anymore
A lot of people only knows what others tell them. The narrative around Neymar being a overrated hack has been set in stone for many years now. In reality there has only been one player on the planet for the last 10 years that you can say for certain is a better footballer.

Whether or not he is a childish c*nt that shags his sister is a seperate discussion but I'd happily let the club deal with that

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.