It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

I don't disagree at all, but at the same time, as the standards in the academy have improved, so have the standards of the first team as well.

We expect to win the league every year, we also expect to compete in every single competition that we are in. When guys like Rony, Angelino, and Denayer were here, the standards were not nearly as high, the jump is still the same, and there would be players that aren't able to make it, I just feel Palmer maybe one of them

Which, imo, makes it even more impressive that Palmer manages to get around the first team substantially when so many talented youngsters, like Lopes for example, didn't.

oh you are not going to be a very liked person with that opinion. But kinda agree I’ve seen on here and online so many fans hyping Palmer up as this world class talent that can replace Sterling and Jesus, even people saying if Mahrez left he could replace him.

Possibly because hes a Manchester lad and people want him to be the next big thing and to have two Manchester city players from Manchester in the starting line up is what every city fan wants.

But honestly I think we are overhyping him because of that, he hasn’t played many at senior level yet to make wide assumptions saying he can replace seasoned pros who have scored loads of goals for us is ludicrous. When there’s no evidence apart from bit part appearances. It’s kinda like how the rags used to overhype their talent. Like there are some fans that are saying he’s better than Pedri and Gavi. When he’s hardly played first team football
So like we all did with foden and he's turned out ok

We will have more Brazilian City fans in the future from this potential Neymar transfer alone.
Neymar is the most popular Brazilian on the planet and 3rd most followed football player (after Messi & CR7).
He'd be absolutely massive for our PR.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.