It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Honestly, bar his goal against us.. anytime I’ve watched Saka he’s been the definition of average. His touch and passing are nowhere near the standard we’d require.
Finally someone is seeing it , I don't know the hype around this kid he is just average player I laugh when he is mentioned that we are interested with him.

I'd rather not have Neymar at City either tbh. It's a luxury signing that we don't need and one that could backfire(end up sat on the bench unhappy, "unhappy dressing room" rumours every week).

Again no Haaland in training pics…..

I read someone say that is down to Haaland sorting out his deal woth Adidas or something. Not sure how that would preclude him being pictured but it's an explanation I prefer over him having an injury

There was literally nothing pissy about my reply at all? I just laughed at the idea of using Walcott as a reference point to Palmer when their circumstances couldn't have been further from each other to compare. The age logic is flawed. One extreme example is we should have gone nowhere near Ferna cos he was only doing it in Ukraine at 28? Back to Walcott - him breaking out in the championship at Southampton and getting a move to Arsenal where underwhelmed for years is absolutely zero relevance to Palmer. Once again, Sane and Sterling broke out in sides who couldn't lay a finger on City. If Palmer had played a whole season at a lesser side we'd probably be trying to sign him too. It's incredibly unfair to say cos he's not broken into this team at 20 (when he was obviously on his way to get 20 apps in one season at 19) then he's not near or not doing enough. It ignores so much context.

There's a real chance that if Sane or Sterling came through our academy they might not have broken through either. Genuinely a thing cos we know how reluctant Pep is to be a finishing school for raw young players. Foden is one of the most gifted English footballers I've ever seen potentially and he had to wait for ages to finally break in

Disagree on Walcott, but fair play on everything else.

I am in no way criticising Palmer for not breaking into the team btw. It is a tough team full of stars, of course it is. I'm criticising the expectation people have of him, to just be part of the team all of sudden, players that were at that age were already doing it by that age. He is neither the first team player people portray him as nor a 17-18 year old kid. I have previously said that players don't just break through like that, they get eased into the team gradually, like Foden did.

Happy to watch how it plays out, and hope for the best for the lad.

Again no Haaland in training pics…..
I know there’s been a bit of a rumour regarding the need for a minor op/some cleaning up doing, maybe it just needs a bit of extra rest, most likely he’s being given extra time to settle and arrange his affairs (not that type!) I know Alvarez has been thrown straight in but maybe he had the choice

So? He turned 20 in May. He was a teenager, scoring and assisting on his debuts etc. He played 11 times last season by January, and then sadly got injured for ages. He clearly would have reached about 20 appearances last season without that. An undeniable trajectory. He was 19 years old throughout the season trying to break into one of the best teams this league has ever seen, in a position we're stacked in, and Pep was clearly prepared to use him a fair bit. It was understandable that Pep didnt use him at the end as it was too late to ease him back in... but its as clear as day that Pep rates him. He's had more football than the likes of Delap, McAtee and Lavia combined.

As for Sane and Sterling. Well, its a lot easier to break into Schalke's side or that old Liverpool side then itll ever be for Palmer to get into City's side. He'd have got into those sides too IMO. Lol at Walcott. Irrelevant.

Anyone who can’t see Palmer is going to be an excellent player is frankly not worth bothering with, mate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.