It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

No, we have always had Palmers and McAtees. And Delaps. And Bakers, Lopezes, Roberts, Dias, Rekiks and the lot we just sold and loaned out this summer.

Lets see how many games our youth players get next season. I'd rather you were right than me, obviously.

A bit of a side point that anyway, as you clearly think we have enough at the back without them. Happy to see how that plays out, till them, I maintain it is leaving us short.

You might be selling Palmer and McAtee a bit short. I think Pep rates them higher than previous academy talents, bar Foden that is.

I don't know whether we have enough players in defence or whether the squad is big enough. It's something for Pep to decide, he knows the current players far better than any member of the forum.

I think we'll sign only one FB, but I'm less sure about midfield. If we sign another player after the new LB, he's most likely to be a midfielder, imo. Thus, I expect only one signing, say Cucu, but if we make a second signing, it's going to be a midfielder, imo.

You might be selling Palmer and McAtee a bit short. I think Pep rates them higher than previous academy talents, bar Foden that is.

I don't know whether we have enough players in defence or whether the squad is big enough. It's something for Pep to decide, he knows the current players far better than any member of the forum.

I think we'll sign only one FB, but I'm less sure about midfield. If we sign another player after the new LB, he's most likely to be a midfielder, imo. Thus, I expect only one signing, say Cucu, but if we make a second signing, it's going to be a midfielder, imo.

I thought it was interesting that Soriano mentioned McAtee when he did that recent interview (think it was in Iceland).

Aye, so we will still replacing Zinchenko then?

I kid, I kid. Obviously not being entirely serious there. Fair enough on everything else pal, and yea a bit unfair of me bracketing Palmer or MacAtee in a broader group, the discussion expanded a bit further than it needed to.

Think we will probably somewhat disagree on this till the window shuts, I am more open minded to what you say than you maybe give me credit for.

Pep, who in 6 seasons here has only given one youth player a chance, and a controlled gradual one at that, is suddenly going to go into potentially his last season trusting 3-5 youngsters to fill in first team roles. Yes believable. More likely he will play senior players out of position and come up with solutions with whoever is fit.
I agree with you but am I the only one who remembers Eric Garcia? He got a shot because we were short at the back and would've played even more had he re-signed. Pep, as you point out, very rarely plays youth ahead of senior pros but he's also shown he will when he needs to and also trusts the young guy.

Last edited:
I agree with you but am I the only one who remembers Eric Garcia? He got a shot because we were short at the back and would've played even more had he re-signed. Pep, as you point out, very rarely plays youth ahead of senior pros but he's also shown he will when he needs to and also trusts the young guy.
Most of us are trying to forget about Garcia

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.