It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Pep, who in 6 seasons here has only given one youth player a chance, and a controlled gradual one at that, is suddenly going to go into potentially his last season trusting 3-5 youngsters to fill in first team roles. Yes believable. More likely he will play senior players out of position and come up with solutions with whoever is fit.
I broadly agree with you, and reckon Pep feels he needs to keep the squad happy. Look at Sterling, a class player who apparently wanted to leave in part because he wasn’t get enough game time or maybe because he sensed he wasn’t getting the time in the biggest games. More games for Palmer last season would have eaten further into Sterling’s game time.
I guess the question is whether Pep’s previous reluctance to play young players at the expense of his first team squad Is because he didn’t believe he had the calibre of young players coming through or a natural aversion to taking the risk.
I would say he brought two players through though. Garcia was playing regularly before he left.

Bobb and Mbete will need to improve significantly.
I really like Bobb and I do think he has a chance. Luke looked superb but has not been the same since his injury; hopefully, he will recover his form. I remember an interview that Joleon held and his first question, when talking about the academy was, 'Have you played against Luke yet?' He is obviously held in very high esteem.

I broadly agree with you, and reckon Pep feels he needs to keep the squad happy. Look at Sterling, a class player who apparently wanted to leave in part because he wasn’t get enough game time or maybe because he sensed he wasn’t getting the time in the biggest games. More games for Palmer last season would have eaten further into Sterling’s game time.
I guess the question is whether Pep’s previous reluctance to play young players at the expense of his first team squad Is because he didn’t believe he had the calibre of young players coming through or a natural aversion to taking the risk.
I would say he brought two players through though. Garcia was playing regularly before he left.

That is all entirely fair, and I can certainly see that. Might well work with Palmer this year, let's hope so.

I agree though it’s a big ask from going EDS to training with the first team potentially covering injuries but that’s the risk. The fact that Saints who are willing to risk on Bazunu, Lavia and potentially Delap shows to me some are at a good enough level, not like they will be playing 90 minutes every game here.
Also factor in where these kids learn and play their trade, the Champions of England, that put's a huge premium on their value and not always justified.

When the dippers and rags were at the top of the tree the same thing happened, a lot of the kids/young players that left went for big fees, not many made the grade.

I really like Bobb and I do think he has a chance. Luke looked superb but has not been the same since his injury; hopefully, he will recover his form. I remember an interview that Joleon held and his first question, when talking about the academy was, 'Have you played against Luke yet?' He is obviously held in very high esteem.
He did look the part when he first became of prominence,and he is being kept with the squad for good reason,whatever that may be....so hopefully he does rediscover the trajectory he was on 12 months ago.

As for Bobb,he is capable of brilliance,but he is a way off yet,he makes Sterling look relibale,consistent,and not at all frustrating.

Im genuinely surprised he wasnt one of the first for a loan,because,much like half a dozen others....the EDS is doing him no favours anymore.

I'd rather not have Neymar at City either tbh. It's a luxury signing that we don't need and one that could backfire(end up sat on the bench unhappy, "unhappy dressing room" rumours every week).
Neymar is a statement signing now. The sort of signing City would have made about 13 or 14 years ago. Much better suited to Newcastle or even utd.

bellingham to city - chatter on twitter

what did I miss (wasn't on john wilson or other twitter bollocks accounts )

You are complaining about the size of the squad. Yoy say it's too small, no?

We have enough options at FB:

Walker, Cancelo, Stones at RB
Cancelo, new LB, Ake, Wilson-Esbrand at LB.

A 4th FB might play only 500 minutes: might be pointless to invest 30-40m in a quality 4th FB then.
Hopefully we get the Cucurella deal sorted soon, but I suspect Ake (if fit) will get games at lb next season. But will be interesting to see how Wilson-Esbrand gets on in the US, he looks a decent prospect.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.