It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Also factor in where these kids learn and play their trade, the Champions of England, that put's a huge premium on their value and not always justified.

When the dippers and rags were at the top of the tree the same thing happened, a lot of the kids/young players that left went for big fees, not many made the grade.
Its a lot easier for Saints to take a risk on our academy players than chucking in the depend here. Saints although flirt with relegation are unlikely to go down & had success last season with Chelsea academy graduates.

Had Pep played Mbete instead of Ferny in the last 2 games & we'd lost the league (we could of won it as well), Pep would of got dogs abuse & it could have destroyed the young lads career before it started

Its a lot easier for Saints to take a risk on our academy players than chucking in the depend here. Saints although flirt with relegation are unlikely to go down & had success last season with Chelsea academy graduates.

Had Pep played Mbete instead of Ferny in the last 2 games & we'd lost the league (we could of won it as well), Pep would of got dogs abuse & it could have destroyed the young lads career before it started
Totally agree and pre takeover and particularly the dark days of the 80s/90s we were the same.

We gave many of our young players a chance and had many successes, but title chasing sides can't throw kids into the mix.

I had heard he’d gone down an odd route, but what are his odd beliefs as ive got no idea mate
Pretty much all of them. Plenty of articles but not going to share his bullshit.
As usual with these idiots, once they start ’researching’ one conspiracy they are easily dragged into the abyss by algorithms

Said the same thing re Le Tiss. Not only is it his playing style, but the way he strikes a ball. Top bin after top bin.

For me he’s nailed on to have a career at City
I think he looked impressive last season, but remember he's only started two competitive games against top flight competition (3 if you include the Community Shield, and just two more starts against lower tier opponents).

We're likely to give him the benefit of the doubt while watching, and he comes into the side with the "no fear" attitude of a teenager. It's no coincidence that young players often score in their early games, as the thrill of scoring those first goals much outweighs the risk of missing, and they're still likely focussed more on their own game, than fitting into the team.

Foden played a lot of games where he looked amazing at times, but also would regularly look a little lost amongst the older pros on both sides. I really hope Palmer absolutely explodes onto the scene this season, but I think we need to give him time, and not get our hopes up quite yet.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.