It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Listen guys, too many people are responding to me and I don't want to spam on this thread for days now.
I'm just very worried considering the size of our squad.
I really hope Pep and more importantly the board know what they are doing with decreasing the squad because in recent history, that never proved to be a good idea.

Shoulders back, smash it.

I think it is nuts comparing Palmer and Torres, who was an established regular in La liga, in european competitions, and for his national side, but sure if he is good enough this year why the fuck not.

The point was squad size, and Palmer isn't replacing Torres any more than Grealish is replacing Sterling or Cancelo is replacing Zinchenko. Because they were all already here, and 3 will have left.

Which I know is a shallow way of looking at it in the overall squad make-up. But as I keep saying, it was a comment purely on squad size, not on quality, which is another discussion.

Agree generally with the rest, on the 5 subs etc.

I am pretty confident that Palmer will, at the very least, be at the same level as Torres when playing wide. The latter flattered to deceive and would go missing. On occasions it was like playing with 10 men when he was in the side. Hpefully, we should also see some development from Palmer.

Fair point about Palmer and Grealish already being in the squad so they are not replacements as such. Disappointing it appears that we will not be signing another attacking player but at the same time, we have to provide a pathway for our academy players too and are we going to attract quality attacking players when in all likelihood they will get little game time unless they are superstars?

Back to the point about a pathway for Academy players, we could well see McAtee play more this season. Having only watched him play a handful of times, I am intrigued to see how he gets on as he looks to have the potential to be a special talent.

I pointed out similarities in transfer 'strategies' from 2019/20 season and now. I wasn't predicting anything.
Their confidence/prediction that everything will be fine if not better is based on nothing.

I hope you're right.
You predicted it would be the end of us & we’d only win a league cup if we don’t sign anyone

Own it mate. I don’t think anyone has a problem with you being worried, but your melodramatic posts about it being the end are over the top, hence some of the responses you’ve had

Nowt wrong with admitting you’ve posted something a little over the top mate

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.