It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

I am pretty confident that Palmer will, at the very least, be at the same level as Torres when playing wide. The latter flattered to deceive and would go missing. On occasions it was like playing with 10 men when he was in the side. Hpefully, we should also see some development from Palmer.

Fair point about Palmer and Grealish already being in the squad so they are not replacements as such. Disappointing it appears that we will not be signing another attacking player but at the same time, we have to provide a pathway for our academy players too and are we going to attract quality attacking players when in all likelihood they will get little game time unless they are superstars?

Back to the point about a pathway for Academy players, we could well see McAtee play more this season. Having only watched him play a handful of times, I am intrigued to see how he gets on as he looks to have the potential to be a special talent.

I think that is quite some revision on Torres.

Agree with everything else, however.

I pointed out similarities in transfer 'strategies' from 2019/20 season and now. I wasn't predicting anything.
Their confidence/prediction that everything will be fine if not better is based on nothing.

I hope you're right.
2019/20 was very different.

The problem there was we had Laporte, Stones and Otamendi as the 3 CBs, with the potential of Fernandinho stepping in occasionally. We then had Rodri coming in as Fernandinho's future replacement.

With Laporte getting injured early, and Stones also picking up an early injury, we had a too slow Otamendi alongside a too slow Fernandinho, with Rodri dropped right in and struggling at DM.

This season, we have none of those issues in defence, and we have plenty of players in midfield/attack who can cover multiple positions. We've also shown in the past that even if we have an injury crisis in attack, it rarely stops us scoring as there is less pressure on any individual attacker. Our CB/DM trio are vital though, and any problems there are an issue, which is why 2019/20 was poor.

We aren’t buying any forward players I believe.
Well thats pretty much it then. From my recollection when he says something like this thats pretty much what happens, even though some would like to believe he isnt telling the truth. He is pretty much straight down the line on this front.

I pointed out similarities in transfer 'strategies' from 2019/20 season and now. I wasn't predicting anything.
Their confidence/prediction that everything will be fine if not better is based on nothing.

I hope you're right.

No - you didn’t. You predicted the future.

Here’s what you said, in case you’ve forgotten:

If we don't make a single transfer by the end of this window, this'll be another 2019/20 season where we'll only end up with a League Cup and your post is going to age like a milk.

You predicted what would happen this season.

If you’re going to lie as well as be openly hypocritical, don’t expect anyone here to take anything you say remotely seriously.

Ffs we let two wingers go and brought in 2 strikers. We had way too many wingers and not enough forward. This is a necessary correction and it's a lot better now. We don't need a forward.

We let 3 wingers go, not 2. While missing a striker. Argue that Palmer will fill one or two voids all you like, however.

The forum has proper suffered from just allowing any **** to sign up and pollute the board with spam. Most don't even bother being subtle either anymore.

Need gate keeping transfer subforum, join date from 2012 onward need to wait a year and good behavior credit before being allowed to post and see this sub forum.

I will volunteer myself for this project by not being allowed to post and see this forum for year.

Some people seem to be forgetting we have the big nordic meat shield up front this year compared to last...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.