It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Twatter in a nutshell; one school holidays know-nowt with 240 followers claiming some sort of kudos for 'exposing' another completely clueless chancer and running him out of town...

2 bald men fighting over a comb

You'd never have got this sort of shite in the days of ceefax.

Teletext says “you want some?”.

I think it is nuts comparing Palmer and Torres, who was an established regular in La liga, in european competitions, and for his national side, but sure if he is good enough this year why the fuck not.

The point was squad size, and Palmer isn't replacing Torres any more than Grealish is replacing Sterling or Cancelo is replacing Zinchenko. Because they were all already here, and 3 will have left.

Which I know is a shallow way of looking at it in the overall squad make-up. But as I keep saying, it was a comment purely on squad size, not on quality, which is another discussion.

Agree generally with the rest, on the 5 subs etc.

I appreciate that, but in terms of building a squad Torres played 7 times for us and scored 3 times, Palmer 11 times and scored 3 times. Mitigating factors for both of course.

The overall squad makeup is looking good. If we replace Zin then all outgoings will have been replaced, it's just down to whether it is still too light. Cucurella and Haaland could go straight into the 11. We have a better backup keeper to implement our style of play. Phillips can play a lot more than Ferny could last season.

And as I said, the 5 subs means there is a real opportunity to reduce the burdon on the squad by throwing on some academy players when games are won. Whether Pep does that is another question! I'd love another to come in, but I'm comfortable with where we are, if Cucurella is added and we do keep hold of Bernardo.

Pick a matchday squad for next season with all fit and it's pretty difficult!

Yeah but on the other hand, I couldn't call Gary Neville a **** on Ceefax so swings and roundabouts mate
I see that you have spotted the workaround in following @jimharri 's suggestion. You can call GN a **** because that isn't needless abuse, in fact I'd say it was mandatory.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.