It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

I think the Cucurella transfer bears a strong resemblance to Harry Kane last season. A player we are desperately keen for and to some extent need, but in both cases a chairman who knows that and wants a more than market value. I don’t think anyone would pay north of £50m for him, including us, so I assume the result will be the same. I do wonder if we have a plan B this time though

Isn’t this thread the last one you should visit on this forum then? (Not trying to be a knob)

I've always understood this as the general thread to discuss transfers, not a thread specifically designed as a free-for-all zone where it doesn't matter whether what's posted is correct or not.

I've always understood this as the general thread to discuss transfers, not a thread specifically designed as a free-for-all zone where it doesn't matter whether what's posted is correct or not.
I think unless Pep or Txikki post in here then the chances of postings being correct are very remote?

I think the Cucurella transfer bears a strong resemblance to Harry Kane last season. A player we are desperately keen for and to some extent need, but in both cases a chairman who knows that and wants a more than market value. I don’t think anyone would pay north of £50m for him, including us, so I assume the result will be the same. I do wonder if we have a plan B this time though
If we go into the season with 2 full backs I would be absolutely amazed. No chance we don’t sign someone even if I agree that cucurella seems unlikely with the valuations

That's my gut feeling too. When I heard the rumours about Cucu I was totally surprised to see City going for a player who has 4 years on a contract, the selling clubs most important players and a Napoli/Spurs kind of director on the helm. That's why I never believed the 30 million transfer fee.

When City went for Kane I had a similar feeling about it happening at a crazy fee or not happening.It did come out later that Pep was the one instigated the Kane transfer but City drew the line after Levy went into total **** mode and asked for 200 mil.

Maybe Cucu is Pep's favorite choice too but City won't overpay for him.
Having said that 30 mil is crazy cheap for him so I wouldn't mind paying 40-45 for him. 50 plus transfer fees is a reach and so it 30 Million.

no it didn't ffs. Please understand the role of chance in football. We could have had a clinical striker and still not qualify

Last season, like almost every season under pep, was a huge success.

ofc it was a success, but a lack of a clinical forward bit us in the ass in the big games. Liverpool at Anfield. Liverpool at home. Tottenham at home. Madrid away. Strikers don’t just score goals it’s their movement that disrupts defences and creates for others. It’s why Madrid won the champions league later stages of the competition you need a player that’s guaranteed goals / makes defences second guess themselves, exactly what Benzema did against us and against the dippers.

Letting Zinch go for 30m indicates we are very confident about signing a quality LB. Whether it's Cucu remains to be seen, but the confidence is there. Don't think we were that confident about Kane.

Last edited:
There must be alternative options for Lb. No need to box ourselves into a Brighton phantom zone. Although city at times like to fuck about chasing a player for longer than is necessary. Kane last season springs to mind. Put the money down or go buy a lb that is in our price range.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.