It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

There must be alternative options for Lb. No need to box ourselves into a Brighton phantom zone. Although city at times like to fuck about chasing a player for longer than is necessary. Kane last season springs to mind. Put the money down or go buy a lb that is in our price range.
city only go for a specific type of player when signing people and if Cucurella is the only one who fits the bill, it could be a Kane 2.0. Unlikely tho.

I think the Cucurella transfer bears a strong resemblance to Harry Kane last season. A player we are desperately keen for and to some extent need, but in both cases a chairman who knows that and wants a more than market value. I don’t think anyone would pay north of £50m for him, including us, so I assume the result will be the same. I do wonder if we have a plan B this time though
For me it’s more like the Walker transfer where Levy were willing to sell but wanted to look like a hard negotiator in the process. I think Bloom wants to sell, but wants us to ”piss blood” in the process.

city only go for a specific type of player when signing people and if Cucurella is the only one who fits the bill, it could be a Kane 2.0. Unlikely tho.
Not a chance we let Zinc go without having a plan a and plan b. That being said, i'd be stunned if we dont sign Cucurella now we seemingly have give Zinc the green light to go.

For me it’s more like the Walker transfer where Levy were willing to sell but wanted to look like a hard negotiator in the process. I think Bloom wants to sell, but wants us to ”piss blood” in the process.
This is most likely it. They’ve lost Bissouma already so he’s probably just keen not to lose someone else so easily.

Of course, we all are. All these no-marks questioning people that share information they receive in good faith, whether it turns out to be right or not, should consider instead what they have added to the forum, other than complete bollocks.
Nobody should be 0 or 100% about any information on this forum. Deals aren’t done until they are 100% done. Therefore anybody can be made right or wrong if the transfer saga fluctuates.

Remember the Delph signing? One day an ITK was supreme, then a **** etc.

Just enjoy the ride.

Which is why I think we should/will walk away. I hope there is a plan B and assume there is

ofc it was a success, but a lack of a clinical forward bit us in the ass in the big games. Liverpool at Anfield. Liverpool at home. Tottenham at home. Madrid away. Strikers don’t just score goals it’s their movement that disrupts defences and creates for others. It’s why Madrid won the champions league later stages of the competition you need a player that’s guaranteed goals / makes defences second guess themselves, exactly what Benzema did against us and against the dippers.
Benzema scored 2 penalties.

City lost the tie 100% due to biased refereeing, injury crisis and an unfair playing field between PL and La Liga. Madrid didn't even play to the weekend prior to playing man city. City battered Watford that Saturday.

Agree the situation is more Walker than Kane.

I guess we'll sign him for 47m plus 5m add ons. Or something like that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.