It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

I get an error code:

ERROR 404SORRY, CITY FANS!​

We can't seem to find the page you're after.​

Please check the link and try again.

I am wondering why this is happening is it because I live in America?
Ah yeh I think that’s the reason mate. The game wasn’t available for US viewers (possibly because it was being broadcast by ESPN or CBS)

Your best bet is to use a VPN like Nord or Surfshark I reckon

Who was better? Even pundits and fans of other clubs were putting cancelo in their teams of the year in recognition of his season and we all know how city players tend to get overlooked. says something when even the rest of the world is recognising how good he was, yet I've had at least half a dozen quotes suggesting he wasn't. I'd get less pushback if I went onto redcafe and said it. Odd to say the least. Joao taking sterling's number and his boo boys this season?

For all his talent I was extremely disappointed with his form in April. Completely fell off a cliff.

I know you don't know, but would he get considerably more playing time there? If he's just sitting on the bench i don't see the point and would rather he did that here and train everyday with world class players.

I would only loan out players of his standard, if they a pretty much guaranteed to play, so going to a championship side i could understand, but i doubt he gets in many PL starting lineups sides yet.

I said in the Brighton thread, that I think he would be better being here, for him as much as us. That's my opinion.

I was just passing on a headline really.

Then there will be no deal, if Southampton bid not including buyback option on the first place then how can they will ever agree if City offering them one?

Not sure exactly what you mean, but we dont have to sell Delap, and we dont have to sell to Southampton either.

Clubs dont always like loaning players for a season because clubs can end up prefering to play someone they own instead. Selling with a buyback option means basically:

- if he does amazingly, then City buy him back and in effect its just a longer loan that Southampton benefit from in 2 ways. Firstly the profit and secondly his great performances while there for 1 or 2 seasons.

- if he does pretty well, City maybe wouldnt buy him back, then he carries on in Southampton's team as their player. If he then improves maybe they sell him on elsewhere for profit. He may even become great and City not enforce the buyback, because teams sometimes make mistakes.

- if he does rubbish he's theirs, maybe they sell him at a loss.

If City rate him enough to demand a buyback clause, then Southampton have to put up with one and cope. If they cant work that way, then there would be no deal. End of. We'd then be looking at a deal with a club willing to accept a buyback clause being included.

That said, by all accounts Bazunu and Lavia both have them, so no reason to think we couldnt agree one with Southampton for Delap too. Might just need to be a bit of haggling over what that price is and how long the clause is active for.

Reactions: kun
Not sure exactly what you mean, but we dont have to sell Delap, and we dont have to sell to Southampton either.

Clubs dont always like loaning players for a season because clubs can end up prefering to play someone they own instead. Selling with a buyback option means basically:

- if he does amazingly, then City buy him back and in effect its just a longer loan that Southampton benefit from in 2 ways. Firstly the profit and secondly his great performances while there for 1 or 2 seasons.

- if he does pretty well, City maybe wouldnt buy him back, then he carries on in Southampton's team as their player. If he then improves maybe they sell him on elsewhere for profit. He may even become great and City not enforce the buyback, because teams sometimes make mistakes.

- if he does rubbish he's theirs, maybe they sell him at a loss.

If City rate him enough to demand a buyback clause, then Southampton have to put up with one and cope. If they cant work that way, then there would be no deal. End of. We'd then be looking at a deal with a club willing to accept a buyback clause being included.

That said, by all accounts Bazunu and Lavia both have them, so no reason to think we couldnt agree one with Southampton for Delap too. Might just need to be a bit of haggling over what that price is and how long the clause is active for.

It's hard to see this deal will be done with buyback clause, because they (Southampton) want to maximise Delap selling potential within two year if he become world class.

If buyback clause still insisted being inserted then Southampton will be no under obligation playing him regulary in his first season, they will wait until his buyback clause expired playing him in here and there harming his development. I bet if buy back option didn't exist they will try to play him regulary to raise his selling potential to the max.

It's hard to see this deal will be done with buyback clause, because they (Southampton) want to maximise Delap selling potential within two year if he become world class.

If buyback clause still insisted being inserted then Southampton will be no under obligation playing him regulary in his first season, they will wait until his buyback clause expired playing him in here and there harming his development. I bet if buy back option didn't exist they will try to play him regulary to raise his selling potential to the max.

I get what you mean, but i dont think Southampton could afford to leave someone who they sign for £25m on the bench for a year out of choice. They'd be signing him to play him, regardless of any clauses.

I get what you mean, but i dont think Southampton could afford to leave someone who they sign for £25m on the bench for a year out of choice. They'd be signing him to play him, regardless of any clauses.

He is still young 19 old, no need him to play regulary in his first season if buyback option is existed.

He is still young 19 old, no need him to play regulary in his first season if buyback option is existed.
They need to stay up.

They dont spend that kind of money on first team players generally, let alone players they arent going to play.

Plus i dont think Delap would agree to a deal like that either - and generally lying to a prospective new signing isnt normally the done thing, it wouldnt work out well.

Buyback clause is basically a bit of a win-win for both teams. No, they wont get a world record transfer fee for him, but if he does superbly they have had his goals and gained some money. Its better than loaning a player for a year and losing them at the end like they did with Broja last year.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.