It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

If you want to quote me make sure you read the whole thing next time as i said,
"I would only loan out players of his standard, if they a pretty much guaranteed to play"
If they're going to sit on the bench they might as well do that here surrounded by a world class manager and world class players, have you got any problems with that 'Trigger'?
"You can have player x on loan, but you must play him" not sure what planet your on, but it's not a football one.... lol

They need to stay up.

They dont spend that kind of money on first team players generally, let alone players they arent going to play.

Plus i dont think Delap would agree to a deal like that either - and generally lying to a prospective new signing isnt normally the done thing, it wouldnt work out well.

Buyback clause is basically a bit of a win-win for both teams. No, they wont get a world record transfer fee for him, but if he does superbly they have had his goals and gained some money. Its better than loaning a player for a year and losing them at the end like they did with Broja last year.

Why would they need Delap then, just get another veteran striker although Delap is potentially can be a very good striker at the moment he is still too green. Loan to championship will benefit him more.

I think he will be more likely to get loaned to Burnley than being bought by Southampton with buyback option. Southampton looking for big cashing potential with Delap, if they can't get him without buyback option then they will look for another option.

SUMMARY: For any visitors who look in on this thread and want a quick update but no more…

0 Out

1 In

Cucurella to CITY

Cucurella deal no further on.

Pau Torres and Borna Sosa linked.

The window closes 11PM on 1st September.

I’ll post one of these most evenings around this time on this thread

You are welcome.

Please note this isn’t a summary of what is in the news, what I reckon or what will definitely happen. It’s only a summary of what is currently being discussed on the transfer forum

After watching more of preseason it bears repeating how bizarre of a decision it was to sell Zinchenko before locking down Cucurella .

After watching more of preseason it bears repeating how bizarre of a decision it was to sell Zinchenko before locking down Cucurella .

Because Zinchenko doesn't want to wait to decide his future, he already made up his mind to leave doesn't matter Cucurella is coming or not. City felt his contribution for over five years with mostly not a full time regular is enough granting his wishes to let him go.

Probably the palace lad. He was top class.

As a player, cancelo is amazing. But at left back we lost something at LW in our build up.

He also completely fell off a cliff by early April and was poor.

I prefer him rotating with walker at Rb. Both have very different strengths and the 5 subs would help keep both fresh next season.
Listen I like Mitchell too but there are levels. You remember how good Wan-Bissaka was at Palace? You have to remember the modern game demands what these fullbacks can do offensively much more in comparison to what they can do defensively, it's why a lot of wingers end up playing as fullbacks now. Mitchell no doubt was excellent defensively but he has no offensive output to his game. In Cucurella we're probably aiming for that but also someone who, if has to go forward, is still decent enough.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.